User Tag List

Thread: CX Racing FMIC Kit. Opinions on a MPS 3

Default CX Racing FMIC Kit. Opinions on a MPS 3

Hey mates

I have come across a CX Racing FMIC kit on the web. For Gen 1 MPS 3
    Item Code: KIT-MAZDA3-IC0035-BRK-BOV009
    Our Price: $659.00

cxracing.com: Newly FMIC Turbo Intercooler kit MazdaSpeed 3 MS3 MazdaSpeed3

Been searching for info on ppl that have used these kits.
    Tends to be good feedback. They are a cheaper kit but still good results.
    Some using the core only with other kits.

Anyone here in OZ have any feed back after using this kit? Or some opinions

With a Cork sport SRI or mazdaspeed intake or CPE with this FMIC should produce much more torque and drivability.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

MazdaSpeed 3 DISI CXRacing FMIC Turbo Intercooler kit | eBay

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Anyone?

I've got half an idea since i think im using a CX Racing Core, i brought it from a guy in Sydney and apparently he gets them for CXRacing, the core is a perfect size nice a compact and you only need to move i believe its called the power steering cooler???

As for the piping its not too great, i've read that protege garages is better and i've got that and its average, i had to edit it heaps to get it the way i like it. I wouldn't want to know what the CXracing stuff is like.

Basically with the 3 there are 2 different routes you can go with the piping... 1 is like the CXRacing and Protege Garage and the other is like CP-E/Corksport and 2XS.

If i were you i'd look into either the HDi Intercooler Piping and get a smaller core cause apparently that core is EPIC like twice the height of the CXRacing one and 20mm thicker so it would be the biggest pain in the arse to fit. Or look at some of 2XS's stuff.

If i didn't get the piping so cheap from Protege Garage and I had to re-do my intercooler setup i would get the HDi Piping and source a 28x(7-10)x2.5 Inch cooler but nothing cheap.

I've noticed a lot more mid range torque and lower boost temps... With the piping route that CXRacing follows it would be a good investment to heat wrap the piping after the intercooler since its close to radiator.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk