User Tag List

Thread: H&R Coilover Suspension Upgrade

1. Default H&R Coilover Suspension Upgrade

Hi All,

I am looking to make some changes to my suspension and have been looking at H&R coilover kits. They can be brought for a very good price from the US and i wanted to get some feedback from anyone that may have these or used them in the past. I am really looking to minimise body roll and will also be installing an updgrade rear swaybar, most likely corksport as these are both available fom the US.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Millsy!

Loved them when I had my 3MPS, had to re-calibrate my driving style for what the car was suddenly capable of. It had better feel and sat nicer going into a corner allowing me to REALLY get agressive with the turn in, and the damping got rid of that wallowly boaty vaugeness caused by the standard shocks.

I found I could also apply earlier and better drive out of corners due to better weight distribution over the front end.

Ride is firm on Sydney streets but I didn't find them overly stiff, there was just enough absortion that it didn't become unbearable.
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

I have these as well in mine, as VGP said, massive improvement in turn in and mid-corner stability, the car doesn't feel as floaty as with stock suspension, while the suspension is definitely stiffer, the car doesn't feel like its crashing over bumps, more of a solid thud, if that makes sense.

They are a fairly simple set-up, an inverted Bilstein gas mono-tube shock (made to H&R specs) coupled with H&R springs, the only adjustment available to the end user is the ride height.

These are probably one of the softer variants of coil-overs available as they are marketed to street & occasional track use, a lot of others on the market are more track specific (eg. BC coilovers) and will shake the fillings from your teeth, from what I have read.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Hi Guys

When u got the H&R's did u have to get a camber kit aswell? im looking to get a set from edgeautosport.