User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Garage - Black 6 MPS Paint Correction/Protection

Default Dan's Garage - Black 6 MPS Paint Correction/Protection

This weekend I had a 2006 black 6 MPS in the Garage for a sealant-based paint protection. The car belongs to xliquidx, one of our new members. He's had the car for about a month

The car had quite obviously had a pre-delivery detail. The paint still felt quite smooth, but looking at it under the lights showed the story

Swirls:

Buffer trails (holograms) from the pre-delivery detail..... incorrectly finished machine polishing

More swirls:

And various etchings. Some very deep like this one in the rear spoiler:

A three stage machine polish showed so really quite nice results on the six year old paint:

Plastics revived:

Before:

After:

Owing to the fact that it was a nice day today, I decided to take the final shots outside:

Victoria Wax Concours ("Red") really making the metallic flecks in the dark paint pop!

Time Taken: 17hrs over two days

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Awesome job... Very impressive

That looks lovely, Dan.
    How did the deep water etchings come out?
    Pete.

I use Autoglym hd wax which gives nice results but is there something I could then put on top to give it a real good 'wet look' - and when would be a suitable to to apply it, hours, days or a week after applying the Autoglym wax?
    sorry to be slightly off topic, but I've got a black 6 like that one and want it looking as good too!
    thanks Dan.

Cheers Dan, very happy with how it came up looks the goods! Now to do some shopping for products

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    That looks lovely, Dan.
    How did the deep water etchings come out?
    Pete.
    Cheers Pete.

The really deep one on the rear spoiler is still very faintly there, though you really struggle to see it now. Was just too deep to completely remove unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    I use Autoglym hd wax which gives nice results but is there something I could then put on top to give it a real good 'wet look' - and when would be a suitable to to apply it, hours, days or a week after applying the Autoglym wax?
    sorry to be slightly off topic, but I've got a black 6 like that one and want it looking as good too!
    thanks Dan.
    Hi Mate,

I've found that for dark and black cars, Victoria Wax Concours ("Vic Red") works brilliantly. It is my go-to wax for really deep and dark metallics like this. I normally use this in combination with Prima Amigo Paint Cleaner/Glaze. Amigo goes down first to give you some added depth. Then the Vic Red over the top. That's more or less similar to the above (minus the many hours of paint correction and also the Prima Epic Sealant).
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by xliquidx View Post
    Cheers Dan, very happy with how it came up looks the goods! Now to do some shopping for products
    Glad you're happy with it mate

mate that is one top job!

i particularly like the vertical pic where you can pretty much use the side of the car as a mirror for the pavement! lol

Beautiful Dan. The master strikes again!

*grumble grumble*
    Gonna have to start counting pennies now, either have to make a road trip to lithgow or Melbourne....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No body steal that car, Police wont need to dust it for finger prints.. Very nice Dan love it.. Will def make my way south for a holiday/cruise

I'm really considering driving down to Melbourne for my 3 as its got a pio load of swirls.. I need to get some PDR first of all stupid people who hit and run!

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    No body steal that car, Police wont need to dust it for finger prints.. Very nice Dan love it.. Will def make my way south for a holiday/cruise
    Mate, I have to tell you, I had to wipe down the door handle/surround about 15 times...... every time I opened or closed the door

By the end I was closing the door using my palm on the very edge of the rubber surrounding the top frame

Great work dan! Always love your images (posts) of this sort of stuff! Imagine some HDR shots of that car now! Damn, that would look shiny!

Cheers Andre. I should invest in a better camera, but I just wouldn't have time to learn how to use a proper one :/

Alright already geeez we know you're good, enough with the showing off you shithead

17. Default

hey dan, awesome mate,
    I should come see you for a quote, as i have some seriously similar swirls and etching on the spoiler ( i actually thought it was stone chips but looks exactly the same as that one)
    PM me what you charge for an all over body Mazda 3 MPS AB wax

cheers

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Cheers Andre. I should invest in a better camera, but I just wouldn't have time to learn how to use a proper one :/
    If you take some shots that you think you would like edited or something, feel free to send a few my way every now and then. I can edit them up a bit and see what happens.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    *grumble grumble*
    Gonna have to start counting pennies now, either have to make a road trip to lithgow or Melbourne....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Just do it Sam, otherwise Im going to steal your car
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Another top job! Came up brilliantly. Making me feel bad about my car....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast