User Tag List

Thread: CPE CAI vs Corksport SRI & air box

Default CPE CAI vs Corksport SRI & air box

HI fellas

Whats the benefit of goin the CPE Cold Air Intake over the Corksport SRI and box? On a Gen I 3 MPS.

Cheers

CAI = instantly cooler air
    SRI = easier to replace/change filters

takes ~20-30 seconds of 60km/h+ driving to get the SRI close to ambient temps...

Its the same with my CAI, heatsoak affects the intercooler core more than engine bay air temps.

Front mount is the way

Quote Originally Posted by mickos View Post
    Front mount is the way
    Uhhh, we are talking about intakes ROFL.

There are plenty of threads about the benefits of an SRI or CAI, more or less comes down to personal preference.

I have the corksport SRI with box on my other halves 6MPS and its a great combo, looks good, is very functional and keeps temps down.. plus is LEGAL!
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I've got the cork sport SRI and box on mine, very good product IMO. From research I did before purchasing, they say the SRI with the box is like the 'rushed' air into the intake similar to that of a CAI with the benefit of slightly quicker spool due to the shortened intake. It being in the box helps get rid of the heat soak produced from a normal SRI and the benefit of having 'cooler' air like a CAI does.
    Like mentioned as well, being in the box makes it legal because it's not an exposed filter and also looks like a factory fit. Be sure to get the turbo inlet pipe for a nice spooling noise and more benefit out of an intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Uhhh, we are talking about intakes ROFL.

There are plenty of threads about the benefits of an SRI or CAI, more or less comes down to personal preference.

I have the corksport SRI with box on my other halves 6MPS and its a great combo, looks good, is very functional and keeps temps down.. plus is LEGAL!

Get up mate, FMIC will eliminate heat soak being a top mount, Corksport SRI and Box is whats goin on.
    Legal thanks

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    I've got the cork sport SRI and box on mine, very good product IMO. From research I did before purchasing, they say the SRI with the box is like the 'rushed' air into the intake similar to that of a CAI with the benefit of slightly quicker spool due to the shortened intake. It being in the box helps get rid of the heat soak produced from a normal SRI and the benefit of having 'cooler' air like a CAI does.
    Like mentioned as well, being in the box makes it legal because it's not an exposed filter and also looks like a factory fit. Be sure to get the turbo inlet pipe for a nice spooling noise and more benefit out of an intake.
    Will be good to get some more intake noise indeed.
    FTW

SRI, TIP and box combo will give you the sound you desire. addictive

The cold air intakes for our cars make me laugh. They hang right down in the perfect place to take on water.

Corksport intake is legal, very well made unit you will love it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Unless you have a BIG turbo dont go cai or sri no point, esp if its not tuned. If i was to go SRI or CAI............ i have had both............. GO CAI, you want the coldest air availble..

Highly pursuade you to stay away from CAI, I told my mate to avoid it, he got a CAI anyway, two weeks later his engine hydro locked and had to pay big money to fix it. Not worth it and I think SRI work a lot better in the MSR!

It's worth it for the sound!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoexe ram.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	10566This just arrived from an import from nz, come off a mazda atenza and is to be fitted to to a mps 6 with sure intake pipe kit, as it did not come with any pipes and no doubt come off a na atenza. paid 25nzd not bad for a genuine autoexe item as these sell for round a 1000 aud

So jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoexe ram.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	10566This just arrived from an import from nz, come off a mazda atenza and is to be fitted to to a mps 6 with sure intake pipe kit, as it did not come with any pipes and no doubt come off a na atenza. paid 25nzd not bad for a genuine autoexe item as these sell for round a 1000 aud
    What size is it? MAF Looks small
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The diameter of the maf housing is about 63mm roughly. I only want the best for her, i even imported autoexe brake pads from the states, as many would know autoexe staff are ex mazdaspeed staff, so they know the best way to improve mazda's as that all they do RnD on they also know how to charge to.

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    The diameter of the maf housing is about 63mm roughly. I only want the best for her, i even imported autoexe brake pads from the states, as many would know autoexe staff are ex mazdaspeed staff, so they know the best way to improve mazda's as that all they do RnD on they also know how to charge to.
    Have fun with the $2000 US TMIC
    Autoexe is more to me than anything else...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

When you can get it cheap it makes it worth while