User Tag List

Thread: Clutch slipped, advice?

Default Clutch slipped, advice?

So the other day I was doing a bit of spirited driving alongside a liberty GT. I downshifted from 6th to 5th, and got nothing but clutch spin, it didn't disengage. Shifted back to 6th, then to 5th, and all was fine (now all that remains is the burnt clutch smell).
    I MAY have slipped the clutch slightly between shifts, unsure.
    Is this cause for concern? Car only has 5,500km on it

If you stuff up your clutch operation and slip it during the shift then it will do that. Don't be worried unless it starts doing it on normal gear changes.

Thanks. I figured as much, just wanted to confirm. Owning manuals all my life you'd think my mind would be at ease about it!!

yeah this has happened to me to. only once, and the smell filled my house for a week haha.

this was happening to me.... until i bought the spec stage 3+ clutch and upgraded to the single mass flywheel... and it was possibly the best upgrade yet!

Your car has so much torque it changes the earths rotation when it moves tho. And a 3 is a lot easier on its clutch than the 6 is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    this was happening to me.... until i bought the spec stage 3+ clutch and upgraded to the single mass flywheel... and it was possibly the best upgrade yet!
    +1 :thumbs:

How do you find the vibes with the Single Mass Flywheel?

I find under 2Kish RPM the parcel shelf rattles like I have a mega sub-oofer in the boot...

Cheers,

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    +1 :thumbs:

How do you find the vibes with the Single Mass Flywheel?

I find under 2Kish RPM the parcel shelf rattles like I have a mega sub-oofer in the boot...

Cheers,

Chris.

did not notice a single bit of extra vibes actually, probly because the side mounts vibe about 10x more O_o