User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate End links

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post

He suggested that it might only be a problem if you driving your vehicle hard all the time.

Isn't that why we bought these cars though?
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Isn't that why we bought these cars though?
    Well yes! Hmmm. I guess I'll keep probing and hopefully I'll be able to pass something on

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Whiteline will tell you do change the endlinks. It is plastered all over their own website.

Very surprized Motorsport Essentials said what they did to you. It's a big claim to make considering they don't actually make the poducts they install.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    Whiteline will tell you do change the endlinks. It is plastered all over their own website.

Very surprized Motorsport Essentials said what they did to you. It's a big claim to make considering they don't actually make the poducts they install.
    I wouldn't exactly call it "plastered", and you also have to remember that they make endlinks, so of course there's going to be an attempt at an upsell

I do however agree that it is a wise move to change the OEM endlinks. Certainly based on the actual experiences of people here
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thise whiteline endlinks are sexy as... definetly look the goods...

But are they road legal?

Cheers,

Chris.

Don't see why not. Pretty sure they use the phrase "Race Use Only" because of the increased NVH (due to use of steel spherical bearings) as opposed to any legal reason.

I'm sticking with the Moog endlinks as they're a "best of both worlds" approach. Uprated so they'll be less likely to fail like the OEM, but still providing some compliance through its bearings

Not sure if they make them for a 6 though
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 17-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Federal-Mogul Resource Center - Part Details Bar Link Kit&PartNumber=K750007&lu=2006 MAZDA 6 L4 2.3L 2260CC MZR TURBO&t=

In fact here they have a list of bits for the 6... incl. adjustable front and rear suspension bushes, and controls arms with them already installed

Federal-Mogul Resource Center - Vehicle Look-up

Chris.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Dunno if anybody else has listed these;

WHITELINE FRONT SWAYBAR LINK MAZDA 3 MPS BK FOCUS MK 2 | eBay

WHITELINE REAR SWAYBAR LINK MAZDA 3 MPS BK FOCUS MK 2 | eBay

Cheers,

Chris.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    That's hawt! Where you get them from? And how much?
    Thems on ebay @$150/set...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Response from Whiteline
    Take from it what you will. I'll wait to see how you go Dan and go from there

Hi,
    To answer the first question of us being aware of any issue e have sold many units of these sway bars worldwide and not had much negative feedback on snapping the links.

As you are aware Mazda designed the OE link to suite a smaller sway bar than ours so the strength may not be up to the task but at this stage we have not found the issue of snapping with many customers.

If you are to add sway bars to your car it is a modification and it could be a good idea to also upgrade to our links that are designed to take the extra load of the extra diameter of our sway bar.

We have front and rear links now available but the rear is only a spherical race only unit and not recommended for street use as they are metal on metal and can end up with noise or NVH.

We now have a rear link just about to hit the market with ball ends with nylon cage that are great strength and suitable for street and track.

This part number will be KLC157 and I have a picture of what they will look like.

The front ball style links are available now and here is a link to them on our website.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KLC151

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

That pretty well sums up the issues ,of OEM failures when u install aftermarket Stiffer sway bars. Thanks Whiteline (Jim).KLC157.
    Moog,Whiteline Etc would not be manufacturing aftermarket links if there was no market !!

One issue though the OEM rear links are not snapping ,they can not take the extra load through the ball joint/knuckle .

Don't see why not. Pretty sure they use the phrase "Race Use Only" because of the increased NVH (due to use of steel spherical bearings) as opposed to any legal reason.

I'm sticking with the Moog endlinks as they're a "best of both worlds" approach. Uprated so they'll be less likely to fail like the OEM, but still providing some compliance through its bearings

Not sure if they make them for a 6 though
    Whitelime don't make rear endlinks yet for street use. But it will be available soon. The rear endlinks they have will cause NVH

Dan let us know how u go with the Moog ones as I am convinced know I'll need to change them

Thanks again

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I wouldn't worry about increasing NVH. Adding bigger swaybars, coilovers etc has already done this.

Received my upgrades today from Rock auto , they seem to be far stronger and will fit and post thoughts shortly.

Got mine too. Will be installing early next week at this stage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Typical, make sure u have a full set of AF tools, or at least 5/8 open end and 3/4 ring spanners ,grease gun, blue lock tite as well as metric tools for OEM removal.
    Remove both OEM,s from swaybar before install ,dont do 1 at time .
    Patience and a bit of jiggling to get links into sub frame , and not a lot of space up inside sub frame recess for open ended spanner to hold and tighten top nut. (Patience)
    Took me 2 hrs for R&R. Have fun Dan and hope this helps..
    If doing via Jack ,make sure u lower car so as weight is on wheels b4 tightening the sway bar nuts to tension.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Got mine too. Will be installing early next week at this stage

Hey Dan
    Let me know if I can come round for a spin when ur done!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Typical, make sure u have a full set of AF tools, or at least 5/8 open end and 3/4 ring spanners ,grease gun, blue lock tite as well as metric tools for OEM removal.
    Remove both OEM,s from swaybar before install ,dont do 1 at time .
    Patience and a bit of jiggling to get links into sub frame , and not a lot of space up inside sub frame recess for open ended spanner to hold and tighten top nut. (Patience)
    Took me 2 hrs for R&R. Have fun Dan and hope this helps..
    If doing via Jack ,make sure u lower car so as weight is on wheels b4 tightening the sway bar nuts to tension.
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hey Dan
    Let me know if I can come round for a spin when ur done!

Peter "SLIXX"
    No dramas

Too much of a pain to do them just using a jack. $25 car stands make the job super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    Too much of a pain to do them just using a jack. $25 car stands make the job super easy.
    My bad, should have read (floor jack and stands) just thought most people would use common sense and put safety first, Thanks PRN , the black team!!!!!.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

I will have access to a hoist which will make things much easier install-wise

Torqing will be done at ground level though

Uh oh. I think I jinxed it

I was backing up my driveway and I hearing a loud creeking sound coming from the back passenger tyre.

When I accelerate in reverse and stop it keeps creeking back and forth

Is this the endlinks or something else??

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast