User Tag List

Thread: 2012 mazda 3 mps in white best price!!!

Default 2012 mazda 3 mps in white best price!!!

Hey guys my name is mitch,
    Ive settled on the decision of buying a brand new mps over a used one as there isnt alot of price difference between used 2011 models and the new g spec mps. So im getting the run around with every mazda dealer ive been to, in that they wont give away what they will let one go for unless u are prepared to buy it at the price u tell them you are prepared to pay. Just salesman tactics to pressure you into a sale price that probably isnt in yout best interest lol. So just wondering what people have payed for there new 2012 models?

Thanks heaps mitch

There is a pricewatch thread around here somewhere that has some good info. But brand new, you should be able to get one for well under $40k including onroads, I paid $38k for mine 18 months ago but that was a non luxury model, you need to play a bit of a game with the salesman and make them think you're gonna buy a Golf GTI or something else instead, you cant expect to get a big discount on the ticket price without any leverage.

Thanks for the reply mate! That could be a good plan of attack however the golf gti is abit more expensive so I could imagine the carsales man could use that as a comeback. I guess I could just say I am prepared to pay 37,500 drive away with a few assesories. I guess its hard to really know how low they can go. I mean they have been letting the runnout models go at 38,990 and a little under. And the new model isnt exactly more feature packed, they have actually axed a couple of features lol

Just tell them you are looking at other hot hatches and you are willing to pay $xxx or you will go elsewhere to another dealership.

If they want your business they will listen to you...if not try the same tactics with another dealership till someone comes to the party.

Just play the game, you have nothing to lose.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Thanks mate that seems like good advice, just need to be stern and not be pressured by them, because they love to play games. I recon carsales man would have to be the hardest salesman to deal with

PM'd you some details of a dealer in QLD. Who knows, he might give you a good deal.
    Brad.

Hey dude,

Sent you a PM of the dealer I used. Like Duglet said, play the game. If they treat you like crap or don't take you seriously then find a dealer that will.

accessories

9. Default

Please let us know how you go, I'm just about to buy myself. New models are $38990 drive away, If i could get them to throw in extra 1 yr warranty, Mats, Scuff plates and front and reverse sensors i'd do it straight away, however that might be a little ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Please let us know how you go, I'm just about to buy myself. New models are $38990 drive away, If i could get them to throw in extra 1 yr warranty, Mats, Scuff plates and front and reverse sensors i'd do it straight away, however that might be a little ambitious.
    If thats the RRP then that should be EASILY done.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Well the rrp is 43.490, the cheapest ive seen on carsales advertised is 38.990 drive away so if they can advertise one at that price(ussumimg its not an error) then mayby one could be had a little lower then that. All I know is with the inflated prices were forced to pay ill be squeezimg everything I can out of them. Im prepared to travel to syd if it means a better deal. Just a bit of a rant! Haha I do realise why we pay higher prices but until people stop being bullied into sales at or close to rrp by dealers, then we will continue to pay more. Sooner or later the dealers will have to put pressure on the manufactures. But then I guess quality can suffer in future models also. End of rant lol

The one advertised on carsales for $38,990 was a Series 1, on a new Series 2 the RRP is $42,500. I just got a 2012 Series 2 for $38,900 with Tint, mats, weathershields

Play hardball with them, go in there and ask for a test drive and they will ask what else your looking at, say WRX, Golf GTi etc and if you don't like what your hearing, walk out.

Make it clear to them you have money for a deposit but be prepared to walk. I was virtually out the door of Eurocars before the salesmen came up with a good price. Got mine for a decent price.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    The one advertised on carsales for $38,990 was a Series 1, on a new Series 2 the RRP is $42,500. I just got a 2012 Series 2 for $38,900 with Tint, mats, weathershields
    That's not what i was told, $38,990 is the new reduced price for the new models, i was quoted that on a new model that would be delivered in 8-12 weeks time, Surely if it's not been built yet it would be the latest model ? I guess some dealers just have not dropped the pricing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    That's not what i was told, $38,990 is the new reduced price for the new models, i was quoted that on a new model that would be delivered in 8-12 weeks time, Surely if it's not been built yet it would be the latest model ? I guess some dealers just have not dropped the pricing yet.
    If thats the price you can get go for it. They are listed at $39,490 on redbook and thats before on road costs. Mazda website lists the car as $43,519 for NSW

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Play hardball with them, go in there and ask for a test drive and they will ask what else your looking at, say WRX, Golf GTi etc and if you don't like what your hearing, walk out.

Make it clear to them you have money for a deposit but be prepared to walk. I was virtually out the door of Eurocars before the salesmen came up with a good price. Got mine for a decent price.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    ^^what he said^^.. Trust me make an offer say you have more to look at. Than make your offer lower than you willing to pay but not crazy, talk for a while look if your about to buy than walk 'trust me they will call you back later in the day or next day' they will ask if you have bought say no NOW YOU HAVE THEM Than say you are looking at one for this price and see how they react (once again dont be stupied with price)..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Thanks again guys some good advice coming from you guys, I think offering any lower then 37.990 for a new model would be ridiculous wouldnt it? Also that white one on carsales was def 38.990, and white is only in the series 2 g specs. There still 11 plated but g spec series 2, so either someone has made a mistake advertising it at thay or other dealers are overpricing theres still. My argument is, if they can run the old models out at 38.990 then why try and charge people 43.490 for a pretty much identicle series 2, which they actually removed the memory on the seat and the indash stacker lol

18. Default

I purchased mine in Aluminium on 9-Feb for $41,411.70 which I picked up last Thursday (16-Feb). The car I purchased has a Jan-2012 build date which I specifically asked for. I opted for the following accessories: Integrated Alarm (non-genuine), 1-year extended warranty, floor mats, rear parking sensors, window tint, iPod adaptor, cargo mat and boot lip protector.

Well I went and saw a white mps last weekend at a dealership and im not quiet sure im sold on the colour, its looks abit plain. But so do the rest of the colours in the series 2 mps range. Does anyone know if mazda have anylans of adding the new sky blue to the mps range? I dont know what mazda is thinking with the mps, its the sports model and the colour range is boring. Look back to the gen 1 and the colour choices were fabulous.