User Tag List

Thread: Basic upgrade options for Standard GenII Sound System?

Default Basic upgrade options for Standard GenII Sound System?

Hey Everyone,
    I'm wanting to improve the overall sound of my OEM system. I don't want to remove the head deck as i want everything to still look like it come out of the factory. Has anyone done upgrades to the speakers or subs in their GenII's? How has it gone? and how much have you spent please? One thing i'm totally opposed to is big sub boxes as well....

I did have in mind to firstly purchase Buzurks set-up he was selling, then thought about POLK 12in with MTX 2 Channel Amp but not sure if changing the standard sub to aftrmarket with amp is the best thing to do....pleaasee help!!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Depends what your after. you can go a JL cleansweep $250-$300 works very well, rockforfosgate/Alpine have simular that do the same thing. This will clean up your signal and change it to low voltage for amps. Than just add amps and speakers.

Thanks Luke, Will installing a clean sweep and amp only improve the factory sound ie getting more out of the oem set up? Can you also tell me when in brissy I could get this done? Thanks again for ur advice

the cleansweep will improve the OEM system cuz it cleans up the signal, adding amp/amps will give you power to run speakers cleaner/ sub amp you can get with volume control turn volume to your liking......

OK..thanks. I did speak with an audio guy today and he was worried that setting this up may cause issues with the car's computer. Have you installed a similar thing already or know someone that has? I think what your suggesting is definately the way to go but would hate it to create faults with the computer...he didin't say it definately would but he has done this sort of install on a few VWs before and it has caused problems with them....

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    OK..thanks. I did speak with an audio guy today and he was worried that setting this up may cause issues with the car's computer. Have you installed a similar thing already or know someone that has? I think what your suggesting is definately the way to go but would hate it to create faults with the computer...he didin't say it definately would but he has done this sort of install on a few VWs before and it has caused problems with them....
    I can tell you... it wont be a issue!! Have just pulled my head unit out of my gen2, put a Alpine unit in..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Actually looks quite good Luke! Thanks again for the tips mate!