User Tag List

Thread: 2013 Mazda CX-5 priced from $20,695*

Default 2013 Mazda CX-5 priced from $20,695*

Filed under: Car Buying, Crossover, Mazda

Mazda's attractive and fun-to-drive 2013 CX-5 goes on sale this month, and the automaker's North American arm has just announced that it will be priced from $20,695 (*not including $795 for destination). That's a higher base price than competitors like the Hyundai Tuscon, Kia Sportage and Subaru Forester, but the CX-5 boasts some of the best driving dynamics in the segment, not to mention the best fuel economy numbers in the class.

That $20,695 price point refers, of course, to the CX-5 Sport with the (remarkably good) six-speed manual transmission. Opting for the six-speed automatic will set you back an additional $1,400, and if you want to add all-wheel drive, be prepared to dish out another $1,250. Moving up, Touring models with either front- or all-wheel drive start at $23,895 and $25,145, respectively, and are only available with the six-speed automatic gearbox. Lastly, the range-topping Grand Touring comes in at $27,045 (FWD) and $28,295 (AWD), and with the $1,325 technology package added to the GT trim, you'll be looking at $29,620 for a fully loaded CX-5.

The 2013 CX-5 uses Mazda's brand new 2.0-liter Skyactiv-G gasoline engine, along with a host of other weight-saving technologies. We've driven the CX-5 on two different occasions, and while we're quite impressed with the steering, manual gearbox and suspension, we wish interior refinement were a bit better. Still, Mazda is positioning the CX-5 as the enthusiast's small crossover, and we're inclined to agree. Follow the jump for Mazda's official pricing release.Continue reading 2013 Mazda CX-5 priced from $20,695*
    2013 Mazda CX-5 priced from $20,695* originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

These are US prices right? Probably very different here in OZ. Can probably double lol

Looking good!

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's US prices...

I was about to say Holy Shit that's cheap but if its US prices then it will probably start at about $30k here.

If u can get a new CX-7 for about $32-33k then it'd have to be priced a little way under that? Maybe $26-27k?

7. Default

I work at a Mazda dealership and from what I'm hearing and is my opinion, it'd be around the $32,000 mark

Thought I heard one of top variants would be around $55K

It's going to be competing with the Subaru Forester. Expect it to start at basically the same price that they currently do and go up from there.