User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koni yellows VS Bilstein B8

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
    Doing my head in...Konis/ billies B6,B8, B12..Eibach/ King springs...I'm now sufferreing from analysis paralysis.

Here's the decision, A B12 Kit (Eibach Pro Kit & Bilstein B8 sports dampers) for $1,075 (+GST)....just have to wait till mid January for delivery.

Does that seem OK for the dollars?

I ordered from Germany (would happen anyway with the B12's) and cost including postage was 760 EURO. That's around $900ish AUD. Just make sure you pay via PayPal since doing bank transfer stuff is frought with fees and hidden costs.

B12's are great quality and top name brands engineered to work together. On a Gen 1 3MPS, the ride height is close to stock (25mm front and 15mm rear drops are hardly noticable) but when driving on highways, you get a slight increase in cabin noise. For someone who doesn't track their car and drives it as a daily, they are great! Not uncomfortable, no knocking etc etc. Given the drop is minimal, there is hardly a need for installing sway bars etc as others have had to do, especially on the rear.

2. Default

Thanks guys, been very helpful. (now to start work on the motor )

Mmm swaybar and shocks don't neccessarily pair together like springs and shocks. Suspension is to control the wheel contact with the road, swaybar for body roll. I still recommended a rear swaybar as the handling improvement is vast.

Swaybar isn't for body roll.
    It's about connecting the left and right side suspension together allowing load to be transferred between them.
    Yes body roll is reduced, but that's not the point of it.

the key word there is 'transfer' which in effect reduces body roll. that is the whole point of a swaybar. it has the word 'sway' in the part name...

edit: from wikipedia

A sway bar or anti-roll bar or stabilizer bar is a part of an automobile suspension that helps reduce the body roll of a vehicle during fast cornering or over road irregularities. It connects opposite (left/right) wheels together through short lever arms linked by a torsion spring. A sway bar increases the suspension's roll stiffness—its resistance to roll in turns, independent of its spring rate in the vertical direction.
    Last edited by lup15; 24-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123