User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koni yellows VS Bilstein B8

Default Koni yellows VS Bilstein B8

I know this has been talked about before, I have had Konis before so im after comparison Im not after a brochure i want to know....

How much more harder is the Bilsteins over standard, ride quailty,control
    What springs u used with the Bilsteins
    What lowering spring u would like to use with bilsteins
    What lowering spring do you think worked well for ride quailty and car control with Konis

Feel free to add info, im sure there are others asking simular questions..
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 06-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.

ive got bilstein b8 with eibach pro kit on a gen1 mps 3. havent ridden in a car with konis so cant compare. TBH i cant compare to the stock setup either as mine were dead from day 1 (bought car 2nd hand at 16000k)

The drop of the eibach is very minimal over standard, i can fit 2 fingers under the guard. For me this was perfectly adequet as I prefer to have the travel available.

It eats up bumps for a daily driver. havent hit bumpstops once. small quick succession bumps the car skips a bit. this setup controls the car very well. I feel that its still slightly under dampened for the MPS 3, meaning I think it needs to be stiffer just a tiny little bit more, perhaps a bit more rebound? Not too sure exactly as Ive only had it for a few weeks. As a daily though, its very nice ride. You dont get rattles in the cabin, but a solid thud when going over bumps. Its very european sort of comfort if you been in a BMW or the likes before

I took the car up to mt nebo which is where I do my runs I think on these roads where there are sharp short corners, struts are more suited than coilovers. If you like the twisties and the roads aren't long, smooth sweeping bends, imo struts are more suited.

Still running the Koni yellows with Mazdaspeed springs. Have replaced the Koni's recently didn't even think about changing brands

You might remember them

/closed-minded

Technically speaking you've also had Bilsteins before, H&R use a custom valved inverted Bilstein shock in their coil-overs.

I would go Bilstein over Koni any day of the week, they have a far better reputation.

THis is on an MPS 6, got Bistein B8's and definitely better than stock ride wise. Not sure how much help that is. This is in combination with Eibach Prokit springs.

FWIW I've had Koni's fail on me twice. On the other hand Bilsteins might last longer than the rest of the car. And there's that sophistication to the ride quality that only Billies can do. I see you've ordered Bilsteins - you wont regret it.

7. Default

It seems that most ppl go for the Eibachs with the B8s...are there any other choices that could work as well? Any benefits going H&R springs over Eibachs with the B8s?

Im running King springs with B8's, they work so well its amazing... Keep searching there are more threads about B8's

9. Default

yeah, i looked at the King spring website but didnt come up with much for the Gen II in the way of springs. Do you have a part number i could use as reference for further research?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    It seems that most ppl go for the Eibachs with the B8s...are there any other choices that could work as well? Any benefits going H&R springs over Eibachs with the B8s?
    I thought so too, and am. However, GSL recommended a spring with a higher rate - specifically king super lows.
    See http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gsl-r...w-2-print.html

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

KMFL-42
    KFRL-74SL

Attachment 12725ride hieght

13. Default

Very nice RedDjinn, how did you find the comfort of the B8/ king set up. I read that the eibachs are a good compromise between performance and comfort. Have you found the king springs more performance orientated as opposed to comfort?

My dad prefers to ride in mine than my brothers MPS with standard suspension... He is 65 with a bad back...

15. Default

Wow, better for your dads back over stock?!??? I think that says it all. is it a 30mm drop front and rear?

couldnt say by how much, the front sits about the same as Eibachs but the Kings is lower in the rear. When @Justin and i compared our cars

17. Default

That would make sense as the eibachs drop the front/rear by 1.0"/0.6", perhaps the kings drop by a more even rate front/rear wise. Might have to contact Kings direct to get accurate drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    I'm running Koni FSDs and although people have said that the Konis are for stock height springs along with the Eibach Pro Sports mine run fine and I'm on 19/8" Rims

For me they're a great fit

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I'm running Koni FSDs and although people have said that the Konis are for stock height springs along with the Eibach Pro Sports mine run fine and I'm on 19/8" Rims

For me they're a great fit

Peter "SLIXX"

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

20. Default

That's just a great looking car! Interesting to have the fsd's with eibachs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast