User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In memoriam of Leelu (Linda), help continue her cause

Yeah i was saying to a couple of members this morning, that i would like something around the size of the MPS sticker (can't remember the size) i had on my windscreen a while back (postie had the same one)...in my mind i see a purple background and black "LEELU" with maybe the dates printed underneath it..but Red writing with black background would be more fitting. I was thinking having it sized so it fits in the bottom left hand corner of our rear windows on a kind of a angle.

Just thought i'd throw my thoughts out there...dont know how those ideas would look in real life, but they are looking pretty sweet in my mind.

Last edited by MISSMPS; 16-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Sounds nice Missy, I'm with you and Peter, Leelu would be my preference.

I can get *Leelu* decals made like the ozmps stickers with no issues.

Do you think a double layers sticker in *red/white* and *purple/white*

Let me know which size you suggest is best.

I will get a few demos made up.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

*edits what she just wrote*

My original post made no sense...totally read it wrong.

sorry.

Last edited by MISSMPS; 16-02-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Leelu in the same font size as the OzMPS logo IMO. Nice and clean.

I'd like to remember her and down here in Vic and it would be nice to have a small part of her on our cars. Bottom left hand side of the rear window or quarter rear drivers or passengers windows would be cool!

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice sticker, but I wouldn't know where to put it. I'd prefer something more subtle. "Linda" in italics, similar to the OzMPSClub stickers that Doug produces. I'd put that on the car. Im not interested if people don't understand what it means.
    +2 to this as well. It'll look a little more tidy. Not sure if folks are interested in dates or just the simple name "Leelu", or perhaps name and simple message "Rip" or similar.
    Red would probably be more fitting but regardless of colour, she'll proudly have a place on my car until I sell it (with it still on)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    +2 to this as well. It'll look a little more tidy. Not sure if folks are interested in dates or just the simple name "Leelu", or perhaps name and simple message "Rip" or similar.
    Red would probably be more fitting but regardless of colour, she'll proudly have a place on my car until I sell it (with it still on)
    I'd prefer just "Leelu". All the details are in our hearts and minds

I'd like to be able to see it on my car and remember and if anyone that saw it on my car that knew her, they could have the same great memories

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Something simple and discreet was what I had in mind when I started this conversation.

Leelu in computer-cut vinyl I think would be perfect (in VR of course)

I'm getting some decals made up to choose and can order in a few colours made to order.

It will be a simple design

The other sticker I have got made is to keep in memory and not necessary for your car.

All proceeds from decals will go to trust fund in memory of leelu

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'd go a matt black and a brushed alluminium, no longer than 10cm...Linda or Leelu, which ever proves the most popular.

You name the price.

Thanks for doing this Doug!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I'd go a matt black and a brushed alluminium, no longer than 10cm...Linda or Leelu, which ever proves the most popular.

You name the price.

Thanks for doing this Doug!
    +1 with Brad. Matte Black or Brushed Aluminium for a window. I'd go with "Leelu" as it's unique, just like her

+2 for the Thanks to Doug!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    All proceeds from decals will go to trust fund in memory of leelu
    Just to clarify this, all money from these stickers will be donated to the Bowel Cancer Research Trust. Not a new trust or anything.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Just to clarify this, all money from these stickers will be donated to the Bowel Cancer Research Trust. Not a new trust or anything.
    Happy with that. Anyway we can help!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Blog Entries

A huge thank you to all who donated to this cause.

We raised a massive $2,045!!

If you would still like to donate, please send money direct to the Trust (details in original post)

2 years have passed since Leelu has passed. She may be gone but her memory lives on. She is always part of our conversations and catch ups. We miss you Leelu

Yep still have her card sitting proudly on my desk at work, always cheers me up when I need it.

xo

18. Default

Is it possible for members to "pool" their donations into a specific account, and then make a large donation on behalf (again) of Ozmps?

l70 hülle
    Last edited by kayus09; 29-03-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123