User Tag List

Thread: choice of exhaust systems?

Default choice of exhaust systems?

Hi,
    I'm looking at my first major modification on my 07 Mazda 3 MPS - full exhaust system from turbo back.
    would gladly like some opinions and advice on what a good system is and price ranges/differences in quality and performance
    Ive heard Custom Performance Engineering (CP-E) and corksport are popular?

thanks for any feedback in advance.

I've got a CP-e catback on mine, sounds great, performance gain was noticeable, quicker turbo spool. No drone, isnt loud in the cabin, just a slight rumble and thats it. TBE will obviously be louder.

Down pipe i'm looking for is the Corksport one or pay more and get Cobb

Thanks for the reply. Any reason why your not going for the CP-e downpipe? Ive noticed that CP-e is abit more pricey and corksport has been the cheapest ive found so far. If there is no difference in sound/performance i cant see why i wouldnt go for corksport. Gotta love the tone that these things put out!

Do you have the Muffler and Resonator or just a muffler?

I could sell you a 2XS Twin DP and cat.
    I'll have a full 3" system within the next month too.

i like the Corksport due to the twin pipe design and it seems that not many people go for corksport so i just choose to be different

What sort of prices are the dump pipes? I have looked at Tunehouse and MRT, tunehouse has a good rep in my books.
    Ecutek tunes are the way to go which mine will be getting soon

best idea.. go with BM, CPe, corksports, Cobb, 2xs DP all these will give power.. than go to your local/good exhaust shop tell them want u want sound etc.. You'll end up with a good exhaust tailored to your needs
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 18-02-2012 at 08:02 PM.

u can choose the sound as well ???

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    u can choose the sound as well ???
    Well you can't make it sound like a fire truck or wind rustling through the trees in Autumn, but different systems do produce slightly different notes.

YouTube is your friend. Lots of videos there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Yeah if you dont like anything from youtube, get a custom system made. But the thing you can only really change is the volume of the exhaust, the note will be similar either way unless you start getting into glass packed mufflers and cross flow part i would think...

Got myself a corksport now is good but middle resonator cracked and now i'm getting it removed lol, it will be a similar style to the CP-E now 80mm and 1 rear muffler, stainless steel.

For a DP i'd get a 2XS, that what im looking at eventually.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Mine (or old one if you wish)

Holy crap i'm guessing you had the anti-lift kit installed in this video?