User Tag List

Thread: jbr trans mount questions ? ( post install )

Default jbr trans mount questions ? ( post install )

so after the folk at werribee mazda told me i needed a new mount i decided to go aftermarket and today i installed the JBR gearbox mount ( the soft one ), after being suprised how easy it was i put everything back together and re- hypertuned the ecu and went for a spin and have noticed alot of racecar type whine/ noise which i knida like to be honest...
    everything feels abit more "bolted down" but other than that i havent really noticed any change yet

i guess my question is , is the extra noise something to be worried about ? i tightened the bolt to 120 pound as per JBR instructions ( nearly killed myself doing it ) but just want some reassurance that i havent messed it all up

any comments/ advice welcomed

jay
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Yeah man, that happens with alot of the tranny mount's which duro did you get??? I'm not familiar with the JBR stuff. Should quiet down soon .

I used the awr mounts for mine and found the same noises, almost supercharger like. I kinda wish I went for a softer duro sometimes , vibes are a killer lol

well thats good news, i got the 70 duro james, $205 to my door not bad considering mazda quoted me near $500 for a oem job

They do soften up. I went a Cpe 60 vibes where bad bad to start with but has settled down now. Had it in for about 6 weeks now.

Sometimes when ur nt accelerating and in gear itll vibe a fair bit

transmission mounts are another kettle of vibes and noise. much more pronounced than a REM. the positives are definately there, but I dont think i could handle the vibes and noise. hopefully they'll settle down for you

I've got all my mounts changed the rem is a sure one and the driver and gearbox mount are from street unit car feels more steardy and the vibes aren't that bad

The vibes arent really any worse than they were with the rem unless the a/c is on, then my rear vision mirror is just a blur of colors

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

yea but the noise...

Well worth it !

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

I have the 88 duro jbr side mounts.. and the whine is normal.. some of the gear box sound is just more noticeable ... i have a bad vibration at 3krpm, planning to retorque all my bolts soon, to see if it helps.