User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worlds first 500 + WHP Speed 3 will be back on the dyno Monday...

1. Default Worlds first 500 + WHP Speed 3 will be back on the dyno Monday...

We are heading back to break our own record!

I will be back in here after the dyno session to post the results.

For those of you that didn't know...

Worlds First 500 WHP MazdaSpeed 3 - YouTube

And

Erichs car street pulls at 500 WHP.wmv - YouTube

I cannot talk much about the car until we have the site sponsor/vendor spot taken care of (soon).

Please let me know what you guys think and fingers crossed that we can break 600 + WHP on Monday!!!

Thanks,

John

WOW if yous do.... and the dyno fiqures are 100% true FWHP of 500-600hp how can you drive it? but what a claim

3. Default

Ask doubleflusher, check out his video under member multimedia on this forum. I got to ride in it and it is a beast. I like the air to water inter-cooler in the first video in the post ^^^above.

it's actually a very smooth power and torque curve, so you'll probably find it's not too bad....
    also, he doesnt make 400NM(300ftlb) until 4700ish rpm... so you have to be pretty deliberate in wanting to go fast
    but, good luck guys this a stock or built motor?

Anyone notice what happens at the rear exhaust on the final change up in the first video?

Quote Originally Posted by fiveight View Post
    Anyone notice what happens at the rear exhaust on the final change up in the first video?
    That looks like EWG pumped back into the exhaust.

7. Default

WOW thats nuts!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    WOW if yous do.... and the dyno fiqures are 100% true FWHP of 500-600hp how can you drive it? but what a claim
    You cannot drive it on the road, it does nothing but wheel spin in the first 5 gears. We will be working on gear based boost control on the coming months so we can put the power down with slicks when we hit the track.

Quote Originally Posted by kritz View Post
    Ask doubleflusher, check out his video under member multimedia on this forum. I got to ride in it and it is a beast. I like the air to water inter-cooler in the first video in the post ^^^above.
    The WOA intercooler is key to making power like this. I don't think that double flusher had a 500 + WHP pass, with correction factors he was still under 500 WHP but very close.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    it's actually a very smooth power and torque curve, so you'll probably find it's not too bad....
    also, he doesnt make 400NM(300ftlb) until 4700ish rpm... so you have to be pretty deliberate in wanting to go fast
    but, good luck guys this a stock or built motor?
    Its a very smooth power curve, very easy to control wheel spin if you use proper throttle input. Built engine with several custom parts.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveight View Post
    That is the rev limiter and the vapors/flames from the meth we are running. It hits the rev limiter very hard in 4th gear.

Quote Originally Posted by 0401MPS View Post
    WOW thats nuts!
    Yes it is and... we did it!

640 WHP

Dyno sheet attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazdaspeed 640hp.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	10351

Quote Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade View Post
    You cannot drive it on the road, it does nothing but wheel spin in the first 5 gears. We will be working on gear based boost control on the coming months so we can put the power down with slicks when we hit the track.
    Is adjusting the load targets per gear a viable option for you guys rather than gear based boost control? From memory they would be much easier tables in the ECU programming to work on in order to achieve the effect you're after, and much more tweakable.

Hope you don't mind me chucking in my $0.02, it's a very exciting car

Quote Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade View Post

The WOA intercooler is key to making power like this. I don't think that double flusher had a 500 + WHP pass, with correction factors he was still under 500 WHP but very close.

Its a very smooth power curve, very easy to control wheel spin if you use proper throttle input. Built engine with several custom parts.

That is the rev limiter and the vapors/flames from the meth we are running. It hits the rev limiter very hard in 4th gear.

Yes it is and... we did it!

640 WHP

Dyno sheet attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazdaspeed 640hp.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	10351
    Dude... That's crazy! Finally some numbers from the MZR! Took way too long!
    Hurry up and get that thing down the quarter! Lol

11. Default

Video loaded:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Is adjusting the load targets per gear a viable option for you guys rather than gear based boost control? From memory they would be much easier tables in the ECU programming to work on in order to achieve the effect you're after, and much more tweakable.

Hope you don't mind me chucking in my $0.02, it's a very exciting car
    We don't have enough resolution in the tables to tune for load based and I don't want to have to deal with wheel spin + load. Tuning that would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Dude... That's crazy! Finally some numbers from the MZR! Took way too long!
    Hurry up and get that thing down the quarter! Lol

Thanks, we have been waiting for someone to best our numbers from the last time on the dyno (540 WHP) but no one wanted to play. So... we went out and crushed our old record!

Thanks again guys for all the positive comments.

-John

Thats pretty unreal. Congrats on the result, definately a solid effort

13. Default

Thank you!

bloody hell... that's insane for a 2.3L FWD hatch...
    the time from hearing turbo spool to redline was almost instant... when/if you get traction, that thing is going to be stupidly quick

congrats on making something utterly insane
    wasnt fuelling the biggest issue getting past the 500whp barrier? how did you solve it?

You are completely off the charts mate, I love it lol.

Congrats on cracking the 600+ barrier.

600+!

Bloody impressive!

Nice work! need it AWD numbers like that now!

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    bloody hell... that's insane for a 2.3L FWD hatch...
    the time from hearing turbo spool to redline was almost instant... when/if you get traction, that thing is going to be stupidly quick

congrats on making something utterly insane
    wasnt fuelling the biggest issue getting past the 500whp barrier? how did you solve it?
    Thanks! Fueling was tough but we will be talking about that when we get the vendor status updated.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    You are completely off the charts mate, I love it lol.

Congrats on cracking the 600+ barrier.
    Thanks, we are very excited as well!

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    600+!

Bloody impressive!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Nice work! need it AWD numbers like that now!
    We are looking for an AWD car right now, if we can find one expect to see sub 10 second passes from us this year!

Its here waiting in my garage for You to finish

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Its here waiting in my garage for You to finish

I am sure we will start powering cars over seas with our parts, just wait... we have some crazy stuff we still need to test. I am willing to bet that before the end of the year we are damn close to 900 WHP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast