User Tag List

Thread: ECU Tuning Solutions

Default ECU Tuning Solutions

Hey guys, just thought I'd run an idea past you. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on the VersaTuner since we have the AP over here but we had a Swedish customer get tuned by PERM tuning here in the US via datalogging and email. He has a GT3071R on stock motor and seems to be holding up just fine at 22psi. He's even using the CPE XcelXL Big MAF with a scaled MAF.

Many of you have told us you're afraid to go big turbo because of your inability to tune the ECU properly for that much power. Does this sound like an option you guys are willing to try out before an AP option becomes available? It seemed to work really well for the Swedish customer we had doing it.

Give me your thoughts. Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere else. Point me to it if it has.

the AP is coming! a few of us are testing them at the moment...
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...australia.html
    i know myself (GT3071) and another member (GTX3076 i think...) are just waiting for ATR to be released here... currently OTS alpha testing is being done...

Versatuner also has a presence on our boards:
    VersaTune
    there is a few people who are using it as well... one person in WA is tuning a BNR stage 3 with the PERM guys
    currently only works on gen 1's and 6's tho...

the big thing for us is that there has only been two success stories with bigger turbos... all the others havent ended very well
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the AP is coming! a few of us are testing them at the moment...
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...australia.html
    i know myself (GT3071) and another member (GTX3076 i think...) are just waiting for ATR to be released here... currently OTS alpha testing is being done...

Versatuner also has a presence on our boards:
    VersaTune
    there is a few people who are using it as well... one person in WA is tuning a BNR stage 3 with the PERM guys
    currently only works on gen 1's and 6's tho...

the big thing for us is that there has only been two success stories with bigger turbos... all the others havent ended very well
    I have heard about the Cobb testing but just not sure how much longer it will take. I'm sure it won't be too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JP@edgeautosport.com View Post
    I have heard about the Cobb testing but just not sure how much longer it will take. I'm sure it won't be too long.
    hope not
    atm got a garage full of parts that i want to shove on
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

OK PEOPLES... with the problems i have had i say to all go with a CPe/other Big MAF esp with 3071 or bigger , it allows you to get a more accurate reading on your air flow!!

I maybe interested JP, I have spoken to you on MSF about turbo upgrade in the future.....
    just have to wait to get my turbo from you guys, when funds allow.