User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **GB - Iridium plugs - Denso ITV22** !!CLOSES TODAY!!

24s are 2 step colder, better spark but more rough on a cold start ... or so ive been told.

im using 22's in mine

Hey guys! Yes we can do this for you. We have more on order so if we dip into enough of one type, you might have to wait a little bit. Here's what we have in stock right now.

ITV20 - x3
    ITV22 - x6
    ITV24 - x7

If you can get to 10, we can do $36 US for any set of 4. Shipping is $17.95 US for USPS 6-10 day delivery. These shipments have been arriving sooner than expected lately so it could be even faster.

How does this sound guys?

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I'm interested, but whats the differences between the 22s and 24s? And i'll be after 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what is so special about these plugs?
    Iridium plugs withstand a much larger range of heat than any standard plug like a platinum plug. They last a very long time and are great for performance when there are hotter cylinder temperatures. For the heat range, when you raise the temperature of the cylinder, you'll need a plug that is better suited to operate in that condition, hence one step "colder", 2 steps "colder", etc. A colder plug sheds off more heat than a warmer plug, making it better to use in hotter cylinder situations than the original plug. If a spark plug gets too hot, it can ignite before the ignition system tells it to which cause knock/detonation. ITV22's are best for lightly to mild modified MZR DISI motors and 24's are good for big power.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Can Edge also re-gap the plugs to a specified size if required ?
    Sorry guys, we cannot do this. It's not because we don't want to but if we did something to the plugs and then your motor runs like crap, guess who gets the blame? We have to sell parts as they come from the manufacturer as much as we can.
    Last edited by JP@edgeautosport.com; 02-02-2012 at 01:19 AM.

OK well fats and I are def in on the 22s.
    The six so far have first choice on the 22s.. anyone else in or wouldn't mind waiting?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

For that price and for saving me from having to spend money at the local spare parts place put me down as very interested

Im in for a set of 22's, thanks to Justin & Edge for getting this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JP@edgeautosport.com View Post
    Sorry guys, we cannot do this. It's not because we don't want to but if we did something to the plugs and then your motor runs like crap, guess who gets the blame? We have to sell parts as they come from the manufacturer as much as we can.
    No worries JP , I have a set of feeler gauges at home, just didnt know if there was anything special that is required in re-gapping these plugs given the iridium tip etc. So if I re-gap them and the car runs crap its all my fault.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 02-02-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Im in for a set of 22's, thanks to Justin & Edge for getting this happening.

No worries JP , I have a set of feeler gauges at home, just didnt know if there was anything special that is required in re-gapping these plugs given the iridium tip etc. So if I re-gap them and the car runs crap its all my fault.
    I read that you just have for use a wire style gap gauge, not the coin style as it wrecks the tip.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno

Ok - switching from EOI to GB.
    Updating first post with list.
    Will close this GB tomorrow afternoon/sat morning.

Please get in quick

I am assuming at this stage everyone is after the 22's?
    Also - if you are not sure or OUT please let me know, otherwise I am assuming you are IN!
    Last edited by Jmac; 02-02-2012 at 09:35 AM.

**Stickied**

Used feelers on my last set on a previous car. No problems, just be careful.
    That car ran like crap after I fitted them. But that was my fault. Should have checked the gaps, even though the box said pre gapped. The gaps were all over the place. Between the 4 it ranged from 0.6 to 1.5.

Out of interest, what is the suggested plug gap on the MPS?

Count me in please

For the Cobb testing they are requesting a 0.025" gap, I believe the itv22's "should" come gapped at 0.032", on an older set I had kicking around home I found that gaps varied from 0.030 - 0.036, I have currently re-gapped a set of ITV 20's to 0.025", so far no issues to speak of.

For the Cobb testing they are requesting a 0.025" gap, I believe the itv22's "should" come gapped at 0.032", on an older set I had kicking around home I found that gaps varied from 0.030 - 0.036, I have currently re-gapped a set of ITV 20's to 0.025", so far no issues to speak of.
    Couldn't have said it better. Although I will say that I run 0.028 right now with stock turbo, 18psi and it runs solid. I don't trust any pre-gap at this point. You should double check everything before you put it in. When a thousandth means that much, it needs to be checked.

I'm in, 22's please.

Yeah, 22's for me thanks.

Updated first post

Count me in JB. One set of 22 thanks.

There are some of you that will be waiting. I mentioned that earlier but just want to reiterate so expectations are clear. Thanks very much guys. You guys are very welcoming, we appreciate it.

A set of 22s for me too please
    I'm happy to wait if need be..

Welcome aboard guys!!!

And thanks for organising Justin!!
    Last edited by MPSed; 02-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Ok... Well if no ones going 24s. I'll get a set of 22's please!
    Hey JP i wrote that e-mail to you in regards to the HPFP, if i get one will it be separate shipping then?? or.. Id like to do it all together.

IM in for 22's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast