User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Upgrades

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    perhaps, if you're very confident. I think by taking the whole assembly apart just creates more chances for things to go wrong
    Thats what i was thinking, more tinkering can lead to more opportunities to bugger something up

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Yeah I just did the replacement internals. Cleaned down into the pump as much as I could but didn't take the whole thing apart
    might have to do the same

Ok problem. Car started fine and drove fine last night, as did it this morning, but when I started it tonight, it would start then die after about 2 seconds. Did this 3 times. Then I tried priming the pump 3 times, but the same thing happened again when I went to start. Next time I tried to start I gave it a bit of throttle and it started and from the on it ran and idled fine. Also started fine the next time. No idea what's going on!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4
    MAF Sensor Cable plugged in??

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Yep. I don't think I would have been able to drive it without it plugged in though?
    How long is it recommended to take it easy and "Break in" the internals for? I've done about 50km so far

Yep. I don't think I would have been able to drive it without it plugged in though?
    How long is it recommended to take it easy and "Break in" the internals for? I've done about 50km so far
    i'd just set AP to pressure, and roll onto the throttle... make sure it stays above 1600psi
    take it you've fixed the issue?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i'd just set AP to pressure, and roll onto the throttle... make sure it stays above 1600psi
    take it you've fixed the issue?
    Well it hasn't happened again, but didn't do anything TO fix it. See what happens in the morning with a cold start. Will borrow mates bluetooth OBDII reader and run it through Torque and see what FP is doing. I've been keeping below 4k rpm for now while I don't know what it's doing
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

You havent upset any of the vacuum lines while doing the install? Also double check your fuel connections, especially the high pressure line and the blue retaining clip.
    Its possible you still had some air trapped in the system still.

Well it hasn't happened again, but didn't do anything TO fix it. See what happens in the morning with a cold start. Will borrow mates bluetooth OBDII reader and run it through Torque and see what FP is doing. I've been keeping below 4k rpm for now while I don't know what it's doing
    cold start for me, hits 1800psi, then goes down to 400-450 once warmed up
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah well it seemed like it was getting fuel to kick over and run for about a second or 2 after the starter motor had withdrawn, but then just died like it ran out of fuel..

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    You havent upset any of the vacuum lines while doing the install? Also double check your fuel connections, especially the high pressure line and the blue retaining clip.
    Its possible you still had some air trapped in the system still.
    The vac line from Intake Mani - BPV is not as straight as it was, kinda does a U-turn and comes back under the new pipe for the front mount

Also just read in your guide about replacing that blue clip the right way on the fuel line. I didn't take notice of which way it came off so didn't know what way to put it back on. Do you know which is the right way?

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I key on enough times until you cant hear the air passing before first start, its more than likely thats all your issue is but doesnt hurt to recheck everything.

The blue clip will locate in the hose end, and if you look at the clip it has taper leading edge which faces the connection on the HPFP.

I have a guide?

The vac line from Intake Mani - BPV is not as straight as it was, kinda does a U-turn and comes back under the new pipe for the front mount

Also just read in your guide about replacing that blue clip the right way on the fuel line. I didn't take notice of which way it came off so didn't know what way to put it back on. Do you know which is the right way?
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 01-09-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

The blue clip will locate in the hose end, and if you look at the clip it has taper leading edge which faces the connection on the HPFP.

Is this wrong?

Looks like its sitting out a little, I was playing with @auscer pump last night and I think the tag was the other way around. Take it off and check its fitment.
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 01-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Is this wrong?

Need to push that ****er on more

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Well,..

There is the blue clip, and then a little clear piece of plastic that sits in the connection as well. Taking the fuel hose off, i got the blue clip off, and the clear piece went flying. I heard it tinkle down in the engine bay somewhere but after 30 mins of looking feeling as far as my hands can go, from down the bottom and from up top, i can't find it AT ALL.
    Guess that means off to Mazda to see if i can get a new one because I'd have no idea on how to find the part number for it.. :/
    Wish i'd just seen how the car started in the morning now.. :/

Never do physical mods/work in the dark

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Looks like its sitting out a little, I was playing with @AUSCAR pump last night and I think the tag was the other way around. Take it off and check its fitment.
    AUSCAR lol mitch its auscer short for Australian combat engineer regiment

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

You wont be getting that part seperately! You better get under that car and keep looking.

Well,..

There is the blue clip, and then a little clear piece of plastic that sits in the connection as well. Taking the fuel hose off, i got the blue clip off, and the clear piece went flying. I heard it tinkle down in the engine bay somewhere but after 30 mins of looking feeling as far as my hands can go, from down the bottom and from up top, i can't find it AT ALL.
    Guess that means off to Mazda to see if i can get a new one because I'd have no idea on how to find the part number for it.. :/
    Wish i'd just seen how the car started in the morning now.. :/
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

You wont be getting that part seperately! You better get under that car and keep looking.
    Far out, i'll do that tomorrow. Luckily I've still got my old car to get around in tomorrow then. You'd have to buy the whole fuel line to get it i'm assuming?

Its what Im thinking!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast