User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Upgrades

Keep an eye on your fuel pressure. I installed a stage 1 pump from HPFPupgrade the other day and now i get random drops in fuel pressure. I think its either the relief valve or the spill valve failing.

Does a fuel pump upgrade + tune produce more power on our cars?

Not sure about more power, but once you do a few intake mods it would help make our cars run safer and more consistent. If the car is leaning out it might start become self-restricting to save your motor so I guess when you hit that period yes it will produce more power.

No logs as of yet, but i just took it out for a burn and was getting a little bit of fuel cut and backfiring at the start on WOT and by end of the night it was all running perfectly.

Still having issues in 1st gear at about 3,500 rpm car hits a wall for like 0.5 seconds and then picks up again.

I'll be keeping an eye on fuel pressure and report anything on here .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Does a fuel pump upgrade + tune produce more power on our cars?
    it allows you to push car harder than non-upgraded fuel pump, so in a way, yes it does...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Sounds like what is happening to my car but Im not getting any fuel pressure drop.
    How much was the install at HPF if you dont mind me asking? Mine should be here soon will be interesting to see if it does the same as yours...

I think is was $200ish from memory don't know what the go price on them are but i was experiencing the issues you were once I drove it hard after they were installed but now seems to have gone.

Were you actually getting any pressure drop when it felt like it was cutting out?
    I could just have a dodgy fuel pump or a blockage somewhere.. Will wait and see after I put these new plugs in. Got a new IC coming with the internals too
    Last edited by dazza; 23-03-2012 at 08:41 AM.

I was getting a big drop not sure if that was due to the boost leak or not... It wasn't backfiring when i had the drop but now it does pop a little in gear when hammering it (only downhill :S) but its slowly getting better. Only had internals in for 150km or so

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I was getting a big drop not sure if that was due to the boost leak or not... It wasn't backfiring when i had the drop but now it does pop a little in gear when hammering it (only downhill :S) but its slowly getting better. Only had internals in for 150km or so
    Id say its mostly the boost leak. Troubleshoot that first and get some logs. Do you need to borrow a dash hawk?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Nah i've got one i took some logs both PSI and fuel pressure was dropping so it was either leaking boost and there for the engine was limiting the fuel going in or the fuel was leaning out and the ecu was restricting the air flowing in.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    it allows you to push car harder than non-upgraded fuel pump, so in a way, yes it does...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Ah okay, asked because my friend has a XR6T and when he upgraded his fuel pump and got a tune he made quite some power, dont remember how much though

Ah okay, asked because my friend has a XR6T and when he upgraded his fuel pump and got a tune he made quite some power, dont remember how much though
    That's the point, he got the pump then the tune. Pump only is nothing but supporting mod

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

His fuel pump was not supporting any other mods, all he had was a fuel pump and a tune.

The fuel pump on your mates XR6T is totally irrelevant in comparison to the MPS's fuelling system, as far as I am aware Ford still use PFI (Port Fuel Injection) where fuel pressure at the injectors is usually only around 40-50psi, the MPS on the other hand has direct injection, hence the need to run the fuel pump directly off the camshaft in order to achieve the ~1800 psi of pressure required at the injectors.

His fuel pump was not supporting any other mods, all he had was a fuel pump and a tune.
    Oooft.. Supporting mod for a tune.....
    That's a supporting mod lol.

Tune=more boost. Need more fuel.

Matt i think the new euro 4 ones are VCT-DI

Last edited by Jmac; 24-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Nah there not direct injection, they use like 55lbs injectors or something.

On a Xr6 turbo and F6 you really dont need to touch fuel pump till about 370rwkw - 395rwkw.

I'd say the power was made from the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Nah there not direct injection, they use like 55lbs injectors or something.

On a Xr6 turbo and F6 you really dont need to touch fuel pump till about 370rwkw - 395rwkw.

I'd say the power was made from the tune.
    m.ford.com.au/cars/new-falcon/models-derivative?image=1248936089146

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

18. Default

I want to add that HPFP/PTP fuel pump internals have one of only two test stands to verify pump operation on in the nation, possibly the world.

Currently our fuel pump internals/fuel pumps feed the worlds fastest and most powerful MZR/DISI engines.

Quote Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade View Post
    I want to add that HPFP/PTP fuel pump internals have one of only two test stands to verify pump operation on in the nation, possibly the world.

Currently our fuel pump internals/fuel pumps feed the worlds fastest and most powerful MZR/DISI engines.
    updated OP with links to your complete fuel pumps
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by kritz View Post
    The PTP version3 pump is in use in my mates car (kmac on MSF) he is in the +500hp club.
    When did yanks learn how to speak our language?? :P

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast