User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CP-E Turbo Inlet installed, impressions

Did you do the initial install yourself?

Nop, but I was there to see it, otherwise I wouldnt have been able to do a re-install without too much trouble.

I hoe it works out for you mate

These units look and perform great, Col (YOU LOSE) runs one and not only does it make the engine bay look nicer, there would be a minimal performance gain. .

im still curious as to they stuffed with the boost temp signal..

I hate others working on my car..

I remember standing in a Service office (big glass walls, that looks out into the car park) and watching this snot nose little F**ker reverse my car (Megane 225) and take the rear view mirror off on a poll. I calmly walked out.. opened the door, and removed him from my car(read pulled him out). Took the Key/card thing. Closed and locked the doors. Leaving the car blocking their whole service driveway.
    Yelled at a lot of people.. had them fit a new mirror while I watched, and drove off. Never to return. Later found out they never NEVER EVER changed my oil filter in 75000k's.

Only people I let touch this car, is Tunehouse, and Best Mufflers. And on a good day Ill let my wife drive it.

/Rant

Doc

I fitted the inlet pipe along with a few other things at the same time.

Where is the boost temp sensor? I doubt very much I unplugged it. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

I explained everything I was doing at the same time, to teach Al about his own car, for next time.

Hmmmm........Random.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    im still curious as to they stuffed with the boost temp signal..

I hate others working on my car..

I remember standing in a Service office (big glass walls, that looks out into the car park) and watching this snot nose little F**ker reverse my car (Megane 225) and take the rear view mirror off on a poll. I calmly walked out.. opened the door, and removed him from my car(read pulled him out). Took the Key/card thing. Closed and locked the doors. Leaving the car blocking their whole service driveway.
    Yelled at a lot of people.. had them fit a new mirror while I watched, and drove off. Never to return. Later found out they never NEVER EVER changed my oil filter in 75000k's.

Only people I let touch this car, is Tunehouse, and Best Mufflers. And on a good day Ill let my wife drive it.

/Rant

Doc

I'm the same but my Mrs won't drive my car in case.

lol.. i know im a bit special when it comes to my cars.. but i do take good care of them

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I fitted the inlet pipe along with a few other things at the same time.

Where is the boost temp sensor? I doubt very much I unplugged it. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

I explained everything I was doing at the same time, to teach Al about his own car, for next time.

Hmmmm........Random.

And I was paying attention, otherwise it would have taken the whole day figuring things out

Thanks for the lesson Troy
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    And I was paying attention, otherwise it would have taken the whole day figuring things out

Thanks for the lesson Troy
    Anytime you need help Al, just ask............................................... ..................

somebody else
    Last edited by 2XS; 27-04-2010 at 05:24 AM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

no

I agree with MATT. While the stock convoluted skinny plastic TI looks horribly restrictive, it is probably adequate for the job if all other gear is stock, and I wouldn't expect magical improvements in performance, maybe a bit more smoothness and earlier/faster spool-up. Naturally, my TI was replaced as part of my new CS_FMIC setup, so I can't comment directly on the performance-enhancing effect of a solo component. But I feel, as MATT says, that it would be best advantaged by combining it with a new DP and other breathing tweaks.

Very odd about the boost temp sensor not registering, as Doc says the boost temp is incorporated in the MAP sensor, in the inlet manifold. Maybe in removing / replugging the ECU you may have a dirty pin, or worst case, bent a pin, or damaged a wire, I would check these areas first, maybe unplug the ECU visually inspect the pins, and give it a good once over with some contact spray, then if it still doesnt register, have someone wiggle the loom while you are monitoring your DH to see if there is a contact issue in the actual wiring.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 02-05-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Very odd about the boost temp sensor not registering, as Doc says the boost temp is incorporated in the MAP sensor, in the inlet manifold. Maybe in removing / replugging the ECU you may have a dirty pin, or worst case, bent a pin, or damaged a wire, I would check these areas first, maybe unplug the ECU visually inspect the pins, and give it a good once over with some contact spray, then if it still doesnt register, have someone wiggle the loom while you are monitoring your DH to see if there is a contact issue in the actual wiring.
    you mean MAP right?
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 02-05-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Boost reading was back after the re-install guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    you mean MAP right?
    yeah, thats what I said, MAP......see.

mod magic

Hey guys,

im soon to order one of these for one of my first mods to go with other mods due to the fact that i had one on my old STI and i believed that it did make a difference in spooling def spooled quicker then the stock one

for the STI though it is a seriously serious tight fit!! took almost 2 hours to do... and the stock TI came out in about 8 pieces but yeah im just gonna buy it to go with other stuff i suppose its each to their own in gains but i found a increase in the STI

so based on my past experience im getting one

good write up from both people!!

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123