User Tag List

Thread: 5 Tyre Rotation - How often?

Default 5 Tyre Rotation - How often?

Hi All, I'm searching for new tyres as the HRTZIII's are wearing a little thin. All 4 are being replaced.

But I was thinking, if I'm going to order stuff from Tire Rack, and if I have to split the delivery to "manage" import duty, why not buy a 5th tyre?

I've found it's possible to buy another Speedy Lite Fin alloy that I have now and I've read that it's possible to fit a full size 18" alloy where the space saver goes.

So it's a good time to start a 5 tyre rotation plan. But then there is the question of how often?

The fronts are under constant pressure, from quick launches and spirited cornering.

The rear inside wear is atrocious.And then there is the full size spare getting no use at all.

So to maintain relatively equal tread levels over time, how often would I rotate them?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handling-wheels-tyres/3016-tyre-rotation.html
    The advice here is 5000k's.

Seems a little long for me.

I'm very keen on Michelin PS3.

Advise from anyone doing this now, or tyre shop owners/technicians would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 29-01-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

5000 is the average reccomendation

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    5000 is the average reccomendation
    +1 to above , Brad even with 5000 rotates the inside rears will still ware quickly.

I try and do rotation and alignment every 5000km. And i think you should be "ok" ordering it from tire rack, customs didn't rape me up the back end with my current 3rd set. I picked the AD08s good tires, probably won't last very long... Still going hard but, good in the wet (especially recently) and f**kn good in the dry.

depends on the tyre. you cannot 5th tyre rotate on directional tyres without them being removed from the rims and switched to rotate the opposite direction on the wheel.

^+1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk