User Tag List

Thread: Any car audio wizards? Help needed :)

Default Any car audio wizards? Help needed :)

So I have just bought a new double fun head unto for my 07 MPS 3.
    I'm going on holidays on Sunday and want to install before I go. I have the new facia kit ready to go and want to have a crack at putting it in myself, anyone know of any good links that might give me a helping hand?
    Was going to take it to a car audio place today but don't feel like being raped today...

Any help would be great
    Unit is a Phillis ced1700
    All Things 2XS

You can buy an adaptor for the stereo to plug directly into your factoy harness.
    This will make it plug and play.

Auto barn?

I have wiring diagrams and pinout diagrams for those that may be interested also.

Send me a PM and I'll email them to you.

So I got myself a harness for the aftermarket head unit, was told the harness was the same for the bose and non bose.
    So I plug in the harness after removing the stock H/U and all looks good, screen lights up dvd plays finds radio station no worries plays cds usb....but absolutely no sound at all?
    Any idea's anyone...or any idea what audio places may open on a sunday, as I am leaving on holidays today...and need it finished before I go?
    Tried wiring form the harness to the stock harness i.e FR+ FR- to the FR+ FR- but still nothing??
    All Things 2XS

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    So I got myself a harness for the aftermarket head unit, was told the harness was the same for the bose and non bose.
    So I plug in the harness after removing the stock H/U and all looks good, screen lights up dvd plays finds radio station no worries plays cds usb....but absolutely no sound at all?
    Any idea's anyone...or any idea what audio places may open on a sunday, as I am leaving on holidays today...and need it finished before I go?
    Tried wiring form the harness to the stock harness i.e FR+ FR- to the FR+ FR- but still nothing??

are you still running the boes ?
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Partial, but only till l get new splits, as have alpine 4 channel ready to go..

if you've still got standard Bose speakers, it isn't going to work. You either need to get an adapter plug, apparently you can get one so the Bose system works or you can replace the speakers. Either way, i dont think it'll be working today.

Or if you got the 4 Channel, rip out all wires and totally re-wire.

I got an plug in harness that was told would work.
    Going to have a crack at it this afternoon and leave in the morning..
    Didnt finish work till 6am so don't feel like driving anyway haha

All fixed.
    It just needed a trigger wire for the factory Bose amp.

And yet again Troy had the answers....best thing is nothing ever seems to much, always willing to help.
    Thank you again 2XS