User Tag List

Thread: Wtf? MPS 6 spare wheel is a 17 inch..........

Default Wtf? MPS 6 spare wheel is a 17 inch..........

Front driver tyre was flat, went to change it. Pulled the spare wheel out of the boot and put it next to my flat wheel... noticed how much smaller it was and its 17 inch?!?! Stock wheels are 18 inch... why did they give a 17 inch spare tyre?

And its 42 degrees in Perth... so frustrated right now

space saver ftw
    unfortunately as im in sydney, i cant do much to help
    so here's an attractive lady in a bikini who also seems to be having trouble with her shoes

You will most likely find that the stock wheel and space saver have the same rolling diameter.
    If your wheels are much larger than the space saver, get that tyre fixed ASAP. Different diameter tyres are a know cause of diff issues on a 6.

No fault of Mazda or the car, its just one of those sacrifices you make when fitting larger wheels and tyres

The stock was 215/45/18 and how I have 235/40/18 which means I should have a smaller rolling diameter then stock, so if I still had my stock wheels on the space saver would be even smaller

But with the higher profile of the space saver (and 60psi inflation pressure) the wheel/tyre matches stock for limited emergency use at 80km/h

You should never put the space saver on the front anyways.

Remove a rear and put that on front and place space saver on rear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Huh... should have thought of that. I drove with the space saver on the front at around 30psi. Drove like crap, felt the car lean heavily to that side when you turned in and would resist when you turned away.

I think its in the manual.

But I was told it stuffs the LSD in 3MPS when you have different tyre widths and size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think it's better to not have it on the wheels that turn you around corners lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk