User Tag List

Thread: VVT problem ?

1. Default VVT problem ?

Hi

ive been reading about this problem , my mps6 is 2006 built , is this a 100% problem in all cars? my car has 30k miles (50k km) , 7 months till warranty ends , should i try to vhange this part while i have warranty ? maybe show them the TSB mazda sent, it doesnt do that startup noise but im afraid it will do it sooner or later

thks

Not all 2.3 DISI engines have this problem so you are probably one of the lucky ones who scored a good engine - I've read that post April 2006 2.3 DISI engines didn't have this rattle issue.

I wouldn't waste your time and effort chasing this up as your dealer won't do this work unless there is a visible (audible) issue at startup and even then they will probably try and charge you for it despite your warranty.

i think it's worth a try... if you got a TSB from mazda, take it in...
    if they say it'll cost you a million (mazda) dollars to fix, dont bother

i would say don't worry too much unless you have the problem, mazda wouldn't spend hours fixing it if it ain't broke!

Would anyone happen to know if the VVT issue could cause a bit of power loss? my car doesn't seem to pull as hard, especially after 4000 rpm. i can barely hit 100 in 8 seconds, let alone the 6.5 that it should do! i haven't really noticed the startup noise, but then again i haven't been listening out for it!

thanks in advance!

Search on youtube, there is a video clip of what it actually sounds like.

thanks for the reply. i know what it sounds like, i was just wondering whether the bunged VVT actuator could cause a lack of power, with no other apparent symptoms. I have already had a boost leak test done.

Do you have access to a dash hawk or something similar?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I do not. I will be attending the dyno day in a weeks time, so hopefully I can figure something out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger629 View Post
    Unfortunately I do not. I will be attending the dyno day in a weeks time, so hopefully I can figure something out then.
    I had a similar issue with mine and mine was the blow off valve there's Like a rubber grommet that sits in between the bov and the metal bit it's attached to and mine wasn't sealed properly and that's way was causing me to loose power

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    I had a similar issue with mine and mine was the blow off valve there's Like a rubber grommet that sits in between the bov and the metal bit it's attached to and mine wasn't sealed properly and that's way was causing me to loose power
    Hi turkminator. Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it! It's such a frustrating problem, I've already had a boost leak test done and installed new iridium plugs (due anyway) but it still persists!

Looks like the BOV is next on my list of things to check! How did you end up fixing the seal if you don't mind me asking?

If this doesn't work, I'll get the MAF sensor cleaned, and after that, buy a damn dash hawk already!

Haha thanks again!
    Pearl White Mazda 6 MPS | Leather Pack | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/45/18 | SURE ShortCut | SURE CounterShift | SURE Anchors | SURE Torq R6 REM | Powered by EcuTeK

What are you located?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    What are you located?
    Adelaide

Adelaide
    If you were in Vic I could have helped you out. Anyone in Adelaide with a dash hawk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi turkminator. Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it! It's such a frustrating problem, I've already had a boost leak test done and installed new iridium plugs (due anyway) but it still persists!

Looks like the BOV is next on my list of things to check! How did you end up fixing the seal if you don't mind me asking?

If this doesn't work, I'll get the MAF sensor cleaned, and after that, buy a damn dash hawk already!

Haha thanks again!
    Hey mate

When it wasnt on properly, it had stretched, so I cut it and placed it in how it's ment to sit and also changed my bov to hks ssqv while I was at it

15. Default

one question:

i think my car does the noise , it was on garage for 1 week and when i started it , i think it did the noise , i turned it off and started again and no noise at all , does it only do first time you start the engine or if you turn it off and start second time it does agin ?

thks

16. Default

mazda 6 mps vvt ??? - YouTube

does it have the problem ?