User Tag List

Thread: Air filters

Default Air filters

Where are people ordering their air filters from these days?

also anyone know the od of the pg intake?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I got mine from Repco. Was on special ages ago when I bought it. About $60-80 or something for a 3" high flow K&N POD filter

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Where are people ordering their air filters from these days?

also anyone know the od of the pg intake?

Just get another one from PG
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

They don't sell it anymore thank God.
    Any online retailers

I have a brand new K&N pod filter that cost me $130, I'll sell it for $80.

Went back to using my SURE filter.

If not, Repco, Auto Pro have them

I would guess that it is a 3" (76mm) filter, it seems to be the most common size for intakes, just take the old filter off and measure the inner diameter of the filter.

Spanks
    Thought one of the online retailers would have a good range but neg

Matt are you running a 3m filter?

No, Cobb, but I did have the 3A filter fitted to the the cp-e CAI for a while, it was OK, it sucked in air and kept out dirt, cant say it was any better or worse than other filters I have used in the past.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    No, Cobb, but I did have the 3A filter fitted to the the cp-e CAI for a while, it was OK, it sucked in air and kept out dirt, cant say it was any better or worse than other filters I have used in the past.
    Hey Matt, I am interested to hear you had a 3A racing pod. I was thinking of purchasing one to replace my bustered K&N pod, at the moment i have a $20 bursons one on it. I read that shootoff review where 3A actually won out of all the top expensive brands. What was your opinion on it? did the job, good induction?

cheers
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Yeah it was OK, I cant really say there was any noticeable difference between the one that was supplied with the CAI, a K&N or this one, I did have the cp-e water repellent cover over the filter, which was a very fine mesh, so would have only helped filtration, CAI filters see quite a bit of dirt.
    The results of the test in the review is based on pushing a lot of these filters to their extreme limits, I cant see an MPS out flowing any 3" pod filter, although I have seen some pretty dicey filters, avoid the cheap wire mesh filters, they might flow well, but its only because they are so poorly manufactured that grains of sand could easily pass through them.
    I found the 3A for about $20 after a few minutes of google time, I didn't really buy it as a main filter, it was more of a spare for when I was cleaning the other filter, although more often that not I couldn't be bothered pulling the car back to bits to swap them back so it would stay on.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 24-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Mine is a large K&N pancake filter where the old TMIC used to be. No-replacements required, just a wash when it gets dirty, which hasn't happened yet, and then re-oil with K&N oil.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Yeah it was OK, I cant really say there was any noticeable difference between the one that was supplied with the CAI, a K&N or this one, I did have the cp-e water repellent cover over the filter, which was a very fine mesh, so would have only helped filtration, CAI filters see quite a bit of dirt.
    The results of the test in the review is based on pushing a lot of these filters to their extreme limits, I cant see an MPS out flowing any 3" pod filter, although I have seen some pretty dicey filters, avoid the cheap wire mesh filters, they might flow well, but its only because they are so poorly manufactured that grains of sand could easily pass through them.
    I found the 3A for about $20 after a few minutes of google time, I didn't really buy it as a main filter, it was more of a spare for when I was cleaning the other filter, although more often that not I couldn't be bothered pulling the car back to bits to swap them back so it would stay on.
    Thanks for that, well I bit the bullet and just bought one, even though it looked very similar to the cheap Bursons one i had on in replacement of the K&N that split.
    On first drive it seems similar to the bursons one in induction etc, but im hoping it will filter more out, as the Bursons one was $17 and a no brander. So yeah im sure it will do for now.

I did however by some MAF cleaner and cleaned my MAF IAT whatever its called, and wow that made such a differnce, car is driving like how i remember.
    Next will be Hypertech or COBB AP i think.

Thanks again for your opinion Matt
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post
    Thanks for that, well I bit the bullet and just bought one, even though it looked very similar to the cheap Bursons one i had on in replacement of the K&N that split.
    On first drive it seems similar to the bursons one in induction etc, but im hoping it will filter more out, as the Bursons one was $17 and a no brander. So yeah im sure it will do for now.

I did however by some MAF cleaner and cleaned my MAF IAT whatever its called, and wow that made such a differnce, car is driving like how i remember.
    Next will be Hypertech or COBB AP i think.

Thanks again for your opinion Matt
    Where from
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Where from
    There is a place in Melbourne called East Coast Autos
    These 3A Racing pods are however also available on ebay shops
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

tanks

I'm having issues sourcing k&n ru4450 filter.
    Apparently the pg intake used 2.75 sized filters help!?

Managed to order off eBay from the uk