User Tag List

Thread: Stereo change over

Default Stereo change over

I'm so I have a 'pov pack' 07 mps3 am I want a bit of a stereo upgrade but not a full blown deal ( as I might be able to get it past the missus)
    So my question is If I can find a Bose 'fat pack' unit w/ sub & amp ect what is involved in install do we all share the same wiring and is there wires for sub & amb hiding somewhere or does it entail running cable everywhere ?

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

If your car has the wire harness ( check under drivers seat for 2 big plugs under the carpit for amp) if has plugs its easy, if not will have to be wired up will take a day. BUT u have to have all the bose speakers, amp, head unit, sub. Would prob be esaier to buy aftermarket head unit, 4 ch amp, and some coax speakers (prob sound better too )
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 22-01-2012 at 03:38 PM.

What about the plugs in the back of the headunits themselves are they the same ?

Just checked and the only wire I can see without ripping carpet up is the one for the seatbelt sensor

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers
    Last edited by raffa; 22-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

I you dont have the plugs it will have to wired in like an aftermarket unit.

i got a loom to hook up to stock stereo plug for my aftermarket head unit. gives acc perm power and ground, speakers so you dont cut your stock wiring.