User Tag List

Thread: Dust %^%$&%^&

Default Dust %^%$&%^&

OK.. so all those with the best color available will know what i mean..

every morning and afternoon i come out to the car to find a thin layer of dust all over my beautiful black baby ....

my question is is there a cloth or duster that can be purchased to give the car a quick run over that wont harm the paint ? just to stop it from building up and making the car dirty faster ?

i have been using the WOT process... just blows it off.. but u still get some left over haha

anyway.. uber detail people !! add your 2 cents please !!

cheers
    Last edited by PaulG; 03-04-2009 at 09:09 AM.

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

2. Default

Team FTW !!!

Ive got a lambswool feather duster that I run over my car every day after I get home from work ... ppl laught when i tell them that but it seems to have done the job. Lets hope DMSDan doesnt tell me its scratched the bejesus out of my car. Its the only thing Ive tried that doesnt leave fluff and seems light enough not to swish dirt around

Its not just emo colour that it happens to...trust me

man that font is full on... hurts my eyes !! haha

yea will wait to hear from some of the detailing crew before i do anything... i was thinking u really need something with a magnetic or clinging property so it lifts the dust instead of swirling it around...

i cant believe it still happens at home in garage !! i understand at work, working for construction company.. all timber being cut n stuff all day... got to expect it..

but yea...

you often see those Show Car guys with those duster things running over there cars.. got to be something out there

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

I use Zaino Bros products on my car. It's supposed to detract dust, what ever that means.

Most of the dust that settles on the car while at work does seem to blow off while driving home.

Godfreys - the vacuum shops sell a microfiber dust cloth that picks up dust.
    Works well inside or out.
    its cheap too, although you may need a couple because they are small

I could tell you to buy an anti-static Quick Detailer like Prima Slick, but the fact is, these kinds of products may reduce the static build up, but it doesn't stop it completely. And whenever you rub the surface with microfibre that is going to create a static charge too.

You and I own exactly the same car. So I know how you feel. The only thing I can say is to get a nice fluffy microfibre towel like this Super Plush if you want to try the QD
    Last edited by ZAS; 03-04-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    man that font is full on... hurts my eyes !! haha

Sowwy

Mel: NO MORE DUSTER!!

The best option really is very careful use of a QD and a super plush like Joel suggested. If its well waxed and just dusty then rinse it off and dry with a WWDT

Blog Entries

What Dan and Joel said is spot on for you people with black cars...that is the price you pay for having black...well then and swirl city! But it does look very nice after a buff...

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@Dmsdetailing View Post
    Mel: NO MORE DUSTER!!

The best option really is very careful use of a QD and a super plush like Joel suggested. If its well waxed and just dusty then rinse it off and dry with a WWDT
    OK No more dusting Will be getting myself the stuff on your list
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face