User Tag List

Thread: TurboSmart- DUAL PORT BOV vs KOMPACT PLUMB BACK BPV...?

Default TurboSmart- DUAL PORT BOV vs KOMPACT PLUMB BACK BPV...?

Hi guys,

I have searched the fourums and found that a few people have ditched there TurboSmart DualPorts...
    I was wondering why?
    also if people are finding the plumb back kind better suited to the MPS?

BOV have had reported poss problems due to excess unmetered air entering the system. Maf sensor reads air volume to throttle fuel mix, and adjusts accordingly ,therefore when metered air is expelled via BOV to atmosphere a supposed recharge enters air /fuel mix. This is a very contencious issue and well debated.
    Plumb back valves re enter previously metered air into system behind the MAF sensor NOT before.
    OEM plastic plumb back has had reported occasional leaks due to poss weak spring etc.
    I personally have installed Turbosmart Kompact plumb back ,been running for approx 18mths and no issues(better made and firmer release spring 15 to 20lb.
    Do your research and make an informed decision . Happy motoring.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Cheers Oldhead!!!

yeah i have been looking round and i now have it sorted. i went for a TurboSmart DualPort. if i doant like it 50/50 i can blank off the VTA and run it like a full plumb back.