User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What could cause this?

1. Default

good luck with it all tone

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Another good reason to go CES. Still enough backpressure to seat the seals properly. I've done over 12,000km with the CES, and still no smoke.
    pardon my "noobiness", but whats CES?

3. Default

I don't know if full scale panic is called for here. You said you were sitting in traffic for a long period. It could just be an accumulation of unburnt fuel in the exhaust system vapourising when you took off. I have watched large drops of fuel come squirting out of my exhaust after idling for a while and then revving the motor a little. Will be interesting to see what you find out.

id like for this to be true, but one of the members said that unburnt fuel would be black. Im not too sure though to be honest. i drove all the way home, and i drove around for about 30 minutes on my lunch break, no smoke, no smell. Which is a good sign i guess.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    id like for this to be true, but one of the members said that unburnt fuel would be black. Im not too sure though to be honest. i drove all the way home, and i drove around for about 30 minutes on my lunch break, no smoke, no smell. Which is a good sign i guess.
    If the seal is gone I would expect the symptom to be easy to reproduce. Unburnt fuel vapour can definately show as white smoke but should clear after a short time. I am not convinced this is serious especially since as you say you failed to reproduce the symptom

Its the turbo seal. My turbo was replaced last week in Wollongong and i have TBE and intake, they will take photos and send them to Mazda Australia for them to clear but all will be fine dont got to the hassle of putting it back to standard. They cannot void your warranty.

Hope you get a speedy solution for your problem, tone!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Tech Service Bulletin, the one in question is - NS071_08.

The repalcement turbo part number is MZ3Y1-13-70ZC (I believe the C indicates the third revision of the part)

If you have no joy with Mazda an inlet pipe has been known to cure some cars, with the belief that the pressure within the turbo itself is better balanced after fitting one, and the seals are able to seat in their usual positions.
    Where can I get the TSB from Matt?
    Also does different turbo inlet pipes function similarly?
    2008 MPS3 sports - True Red

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hope you get a speedy solution for your problem, tone!!
    Where can I get the TSB from Matt?
    Also does different turbo inlet pipes function similarly?
    Turbo inlet pipes are just about identical in function - after market ones simply seek to open up restrictions that the stock ones have; makes sense that this can help if it's a case of better balanced pressure preventing fragile seals from dislodging from their proper seats.

Reminder : If you've experienced this issue, please do update the poll and post your notes and experience on this issue : http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...rbo-seals.html

if you've had an issue with aftermarket exhaust bits and then reverted to stock, please respond according to how your exhaust was setup at the time the fault became apparent.

Good to hear TBE owners are having warranty honored. Can't complain about that. If you get grief from a agent, perhaps refer them to the tech bulletin.

TURBO SEALS. PERIOD. WARRANTY ISSUE. Join the club and get a new turbo from your fav dealer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12