User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mps engine blew

Default Mps engine blew

My mps engine blew up, I have an 2008 BK sports. I have found a 2010 engine from a wrecker which he said would be fine to install. WHen speaking to Mazda they told me its a different engine..Anyone know If a 2010 engine can fit inside an 2008 without causing any issues?

damn, zoom zoom boom been a while since we've heard that happening...
    by "blew up" do you mean, hole in the block? or just a bent piston?
    the ECU in a 2010 is different to a 2008, not sure if it'll work...

Were you running any mods/tune?

Ouch.

Thats the second 08 to do a ZZB

Blog Entries

Might be a stuff-around, but I expect you could use the 2010 engine with the 2008 ECU. It just won't be cut and shut. It'll be cut, shut, then stuff around with anything that's different. Having said that, how much is different really? The ECU. The PCV. Injectors? DI would be the biggest obstacle if that's significant'y different. What's to stop you pulling fueling from the old one?

I would say basic engine 'block and head' will fit, but you will have to change over all the bit around it from your old engine.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

What month was your car made?

My car engine got water in it during the Christmas floods in Melbourne. From the sounds of it I may keep searching for the 08 Engine....And Yes broken rod hole in the block

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Its the BK engine

8. Default

If your car got water in it from the floods, wouldnt that be covered under insurance for a whole new engine from mazda ?

Sorry to hear about your car

Unless it was only third party?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by michael1311 View Post
    My car engine got water in it during the Christmas floods in Melbourne. From the sounds of it I may keep searching for the 08 Engine....And Yes broken rod hole in the block

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Its the BK engine
    What month in 2008?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    If your car got water in it from the floods, wouldnt that be covered under insurance for a whole new engine from mazda ?

Sorry to hear about your car
    issue with this is Mazdas ZZB history, might be hard getting insurance to pay
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The 2010 engine is the same internally. Just get it and bolt all your externals onto it.
    No issues, get it running already.

as shit as that is, it's a great excuse to do a full rebuild with silly power figures

What Troy said. then sell us all the left overs!

lol no AAMI wouldn't pay out....."You probably thrashed it" "You changed gears too hard" "high performance car" blalbalbalbla

How do I find out what month it was made?

I found an 08 Engine for the same price....I think I might just stick to that instead of the 10 engine.

Whats some thnigs I can ask the mechanic to do to boost up the speed a little??? :P

I assume the car has some form of aftermarket intake?
    If so, no chance of having insurance cover it.

but in theory, say that your car was in a parking lot, it got flooded, car was stock, engine was under water, tried to start it, engine went boom. insurance has to cover it.
    assuming fully insured of course

I (when panel beating) subletted an old Mercedes out to have the engine rebut after it was stolen. insurance company didn't question it

16. Default

Series 1 engines run a very flat top piston (BK & GG)
    Series 2 have a small dish piston top (BK & GG)
    Series 3 have a larger dish piston top (BL)

TheMachined dish in the top of the piston helps with homogeniztion. By improving upon the homogenization (mixing efficiency) of fuel and air prior to and during combustion, its possible to increase flame speed. As the speed of combustion is increased, the amount of ignition-spark timing (before top-dead-center, or TDC, piston position) required to make the burn can be decreased. Fast-burn engines like reduced spark timing.

The later the point of ignition, the less work (pressure) is applied against the piston's motion approaching TDC during the compression stroke (if flame speed could be increased to the point of instant complete burn, the ideal would be to introduce the spark at the moment of TDC). And as this 'negative' work is reduced, the net amount of work (pressure) applied to the piston as it moves down during the power stroke is increased. If you equate this pressure (before and after TDC) to torque, which you can, it should not be difficult to recognize the benefits of increased flame rate.

Of the ways mixing efficiency can be improved, so-called mixture motion is currently undergoing study and development by some of the finest engine designers and builders in the business including the OEM motorsports community. This story explores one facet of mixture motion as applied to the layout of or modification to piston tops.

Well that was clear as mud! lol.

Hi BD

After the car stalled I managed to start it and drive it. AFter that it went Boom, when AAMI took it and looked at it (A week later in January) Found no water in the intercooler or air intake and denied the claim.

Hi BD

After the car stalled I managed to start it and drive it. AFter that it went Boom, when AAMI took it and looked at it (A week later in January) Found no water in the intercooler or air intake and denied the claim.
    If it took them a week to look at it after it went boom, water would have evaporated...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

20. Default

Hi BD

Yeah tell them it's their fault for delaying the inspection by a full week. As SaracsticOne has mentioned, the water would have definitely evaporated by then. Do you have photos or any proof of how the engine damage occured? Might help your cause... if not, speak to a supervisor/manager within their office.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast