User Tag List

Thread: Control arm leaking hydraulic fluid

Default Control arm leaking hydraulic fluid

Hey peeps, had my car in at the mechanics today for a once over, as I bought it second hand 2.5 weeks ago. I had told him of the front end knock that it seems most of the gen 1 owners seem to have had over the last few years. He has found that the d bushes to the front sway bar need replacing and the front left control arm is leaking hydraulic fluid. I would have thought that a roadworthy test would have picked these items up? What is the concencious, do you think the car yard should fix these under the 3 month warranty as they should have been picked up via rw test, or should I pay to get them fixed?? Cheers.

Definately the car yard.

The control arms are fluid filled. Ask them to fit the Superpro kit instead of genuine, probably cheaper too.

100% stat warranty.

dodgey road worthy is probably worth investigating too if they wont come to the party.

Ice

Control arm should definitely be fixed.
    The bushes they could argue about because its not really a road worthy issue, just bloody annoying. But for the $40 and half hour work to fit them they should do it just for the sake of customer service

Thanks for the reply dudes, I'll ring them today and report back.....

All good after a bit of idle threats. Getting all fixed under stat warranty. Gotta wait til Friday next week :-(

2xs unfortunately I didn't get a say in which parts but after speaking to the mechanic, they're gonna use pedders parts.

nothing wrong with pedders stuff.

the full set of lowered susp spings and shocks i have in my MPS6 is the best thing ive done with the car yet.

and the local pedders manager here is a legend in his own lunchbox. 45 years in the job, knee high white cotton socks, smokes like a chimney. mans a sage lol

Ice