User Tag List

Thread: New G-Model 2011 MPS what to use to clean interior?

1. Default New G-Model 2011 MPS what to use to clean interior?

Hi Forum,

Can you help me please with your collective expertise.

In late Nov 2011 I purchased new the latest G-Model Mazda 3 MPS. (fyi the G-model MPS is the one you see in the new MPS brochures at Mazda dealers currently where the coloured font is now white for example on the LED bar turbo boost pressure gauge, amongst other places. Gear shift knob is leather not silver..etc And it has the Crystal White Pearl coloured MPS on the brochure cover not the Velocity red MPS which is the older brochure or pre-G model MPS's according to the sales person i dealt with)

Anyway I was looking to buy a protection product for the interior. But for the life of me I cant work out what the dash is made of. Is it a synthetic dash? mixture of leather and synthetic?

-If I buy "Protectant" by ArmourAll is this a good product to spray on the surface of th dash and console? from the ArmourAll website it says "The easy way to clean, protect and shine rubber, vinyl and plastic surfaces"

-Why did Mazda make the MPS have a mixture of cloth and leather seats? why arent the seats entirely leather? is it just due to minimizing costs of manufacturing?

-What protection products does the forum recommned to spray on the cloth to protect it from fading and to clean it?

-What protection products does the forum recommned to spray on the leather to protect it from fading and to clean it? (ie seats, door panels,steering wheel, gear shift knob are all leather,centre armrest console)

thanks

www.zas.com.au

ZAS are a site sponsor and a one stop shop for detailing/cleaning supplies

For interior surfaces, I use

http://www.zas.com.au/product/180/bl...ner_473ml.html

Avoid Armorall.... It was good when there was little around, but nowadays there are a great many much better products (like the above)

For the leather, Prima Nourish is a good option

http://www.zas.com.au/product/95/pri...ner_473ml.html

Also pick up some microfiber cloths

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

The hells a "G-model". It merely is the same as the older one with less features like no power memory seats and no LED foot light...

4. Default

When I was researching the car, I called Mazda Australia they explained the latest MPS they would be shipping out would be the G-model from November 2011. Its the latest variant of the MPS their currently selling the Mazda code is "300G6H5MPS" it does have the memory in the drive seat removed and 6 CD stacker removed. And that the G-Models would come with in a luxury option only. But I use my iPhone to listen to music so dont miss the CD stacker and no one else drives my car so seat memory isnt a loss.

The main difference is the lighting inside the car, its gone from being red based to white for example on the LED boost gauge, RPM, speed, radio display. Having test driven an older model in with the red based lights, i find the white makes the displays much easier to read and looks nicer. They've also changed some of the panneling inside the car

Mazda Australia also confirmed they made some improvements to the suspension on the Gmodel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clau2076 View Post
    ...Mazda Australia also confirmed they made some improvements to the suspension on the Gmodel as well.
    I wonder if this was to do with the excessive tyre wear.............................................. .........

Yea maybe... But hell, who needs their "marginal- small" improvements when most of us deck our cars out with coilovers and lowered suspensions I bottomed out at a drive way yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
    I wonder if this was to do with the excessive tyre wear.............................................. .........
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can