User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel- United Petroleum 100 octane

Didn't know united would be that good.
    wish there was united 100 near me

I did comparison logs after tunes with ray. The united 100 was about 20-30kw better than normal 98oct. Later i will put up all logs and mixes i have 98 oct log/map, 100oct log/map, 30/70WMI 98oct log/map, and 100oct 50/50 log/map. I will recover them and post them up the VD results

I tried united 100 in my 6 - made quite a notable difference to the power delivery and the size of the smile on my face.

I think I'll try and use that from now on when I can. The car doesn't get driven much so it's not too much of a hit on my pocket.

It won't really make that much difference unless you're tuned for it

Definitely feels different - could just be that the normal servo I use has worse fuel so I'm noticing the difference.

It got the thumbs up from the Freek too, great once you are tuned for it. A great fuel for those that want to run some E85 but are far too lazy to use two hoses. Or don't have many options for actual E85.

How consistent the blend is is yet to be seen however.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    I did comparison logs after tunes with ray. The united 100 was about 20-30kw better than normal 98oct. Later i will put up all logs and mixes i have 98 oct log/map, 100oct log/map, 30/70WMI 98oct log/map, and 100oct 50/50 log/map. I will recover them and post them up the VD results
    Mine seems to be able to run around 3 degs more timing which would be similar to yours i imagine with 100 from around 4800rpm, i drove around till all hours of the morning to be rid of the 98 cause it was making me hate life haha.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Think you can tell what maps what ...Note the 249kw one is 100oct not sure what happened in the saving of it
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 22-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Now that im going built ray and i can lift the AFRs a bit
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 22-12-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Interesting thoughts on the 100 octane. I was told by a Mazda tech to not use ethanol blended fuel if I wanted my car to have a decent life.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Interesting thoughts on the 100 octane. I was told by a Mazda tech to not use ethanol blended fuel if I wanted my car to have a decent life.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Why do you think it says in the book and the inside of the fuel cap that Ethanol blended fuels can be used? There is the big myth that Ethanol eats and corrodes everything......but in fact this is only true for older vehicles, I think pre 95, where the materials used for the fuel system then, will be corroded and eaten by Ethanol. Newer vehicles do not have this problem with their fuel systems.

But each to their own mate..........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I wasn't saying that it was my belief. I was simply commenting that I had been told by a Mazda tech to not use it. I didn't bother entering a discussion with the guy, because I thought it was a strange thing to say too.

Adelaide isn't flushed with Liberty servos, so I don't bother trying to use the 100 octane. Plus, I didn't notice a difference in power or fuel economy when I ran it for 3 tanks in a row.

Also, no sense talking down to anyone on the forum in the same way you just did.

Did not mean it in that way, sorry. Don't believe everything you get told by the mechanics, TBH, if I had a choice I would have never taken my car to get serviced by them, if I do it myself then at least I know it gets done correctly. They definitely do not use top grade oil on your car, they save/make a $ wherever they can.

Back to the fuel. Running straight E85 has drawbacks, I know we can't but just to justify probably where the mechanic is coming from. I have noticed, and so too almost everybody that runs E85, that after a certain time, there will be a slime/gunk deposit building up on the injectors and the fuel pump. This I have seen first hand on my Evo. This can cause mixtures to lean out and boom.

When however you alternate between E85 and say 98, the 98 will actually clean the slime off, so in saying that, running and E10 mix in our cars will have no effect, I have run E10 in my MPS on a "95" tune for quite some time with no ill effects and have been running 100 oct E10 now for almost a year as well. The normal fuel in the E10 mix will actually clean the fuel system so I doubt that you would ever see any issues.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

More than about 30% E85 will gum up the HPFP, also straight E85 means you will run out of fuel very very quickly.

With the P100 it is only 10% E85, so once you are tuned for it you get the power increase, without any major effects to engine longivity (in theory).

It would be good to see the pump / injectors after a while on the corn blend however (as the americans call it).

15. Default

Mazda techs..tow a car to them with rods hanging out of the block, they will plug the diagnostic computer in and if there is no codes they will say there is nothing wrong with the car you can drive it home. If E10 was harmful they would be in all sorts of legal battles if pumps etc failed using it with the sticker and statement in the manual that certifies it can be used..

Ha! Sounds like my experiences with BMW. Took it in with a pan full of oil leaking from various seals and smoke from oil hitting the manifold and yet was told all clear.

The trick seems to be finding a pedantic non dealer mechanic who loves the car as much as you do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12