User Tag List

Thread: Brake fluid, braided lines and diff fluid - reputable products/ suppliers?

Default Brake fluid, braided lines and diff fluid - reputable products/ suppliers?

Hi all, I'm about to replace the front discs and pads on my MPS6 and just wanted to get some recommendations from people on the forum about the following-

1. A good brake fluid to use - better performance than the stuff Mazda use just not something excessive like Lucas GP600.

2. Should I replace the standard brake lines with braided ones? Who would supply braided lines to suit a MPS6 in Perth?

3. A good diff fluid to use - I'm getting a whine from diff at around 75km/h and up and figured I'd do a complete fluid change to see if that lessens the whine as it does my head-in.

Thanks

have you ever pushed the stock fluid past boiling pt? you'd only get better if you do. any real DOT4 fluid will give you a higher boiling pt. check GSL rallysport for fluids.

braided lines i've used in my previous car. This did improve brake pedal feel. However it was on a relatively old car, so the stock rubber lines would have laxed a bit over time. nonetheless, it probably will make a small difference

cant help with diff whine, as im fwd only

Brake fluid wise it depends what you want to do. If you take it to the track then absolutely get Penrite Sin, it has the same boiling point (300+C) of stuff that costs $60 a bottle, I got 3 bottles from repco recently for about $25 each.

Otherwise, if you're not tracking your car then something like the Castrol Super Dot 4 that you can get at supercheap for about $10 a bottle will work just fine.

Penrite SIN is epic value tho, you can't go past that if you want to track your car.

Braided brake lines wont necessarily improve your braking performance but people do say it firms up the pedal feel which some people like.

4. Default

1) Motul DOT 4 or 5.1 for your brake fluid, both of these fluids have a boiling point above 245C. 5.1 has a thinner viscosity then others (820 centistokes) this helps it through the valving of the ABS system. Then if you want a higher temp brake fluid the RBF range from Motul will give you boiling pints above 312C.

2) Replacing your lines with a Braided line will increase your pedal feel & reduce the flex in the hose. The problem is there a number of brands & some don't meet the RDA standards for replacement lines. I have two brands which do in our product range.

3) Motul Gear LSD type 2 for your diff.

I used Penrite Limslip 90 for my diff and no complaints. It's designed for use in LSD's. You might need to look around first, as I had to go to a few stores to get it.

Contact these guys, they make ADR approved ones for the 3, maybe they could make a set for the 6 aswell.
    I know a few members have these.

HEL braided brake lines MAZDA 3 MPS 2006- | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Contact these guys, they make ADR approved ones for the 3, maybe they could make a set for the 6 aswell.
    I know a few members have these.

HEL braided brake lines MAZDA 3 MPS 2006- | eBay
    I second that, these are great value, some of the best brake lines around being HEL, and are made in Australia, meeting ADR specs.

I have them, and endorse them highly.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Thanks for all the information people very much appreciated - I'll contact some companies and will also check out those HEL lines on ebay.

Cheers