User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to paint badges black

And how do i take the rears badge off??? :P

EDIT: seen it on the page before, mah bad.

I done mine now was a long process cause i wanted to see how the badges would come up if i took them back to the bare 'blue' plastic. I removed all badges then left them in bleach until the chrome was %80+ removed it works but takes time and alot of bleach... Took nearly 6 litres for both M badges and MPS badge lol.

Then sanded with 1200 grits to smooth them then painted... Very happy with the finish .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Okay I'm still in the middle of doing mine though I've found an easier way instead of using a screw, use your fingers, I didn't break any of mine and it was much easier IMO, also instead of using a piece of fishing line I used my P plates to get them to come off and they're the ones you can just get when you go to the licensing centre and no there's no scratches or anything like that and it saved me like an hour. The fishing line just kept snapping. Anyway hope that helps and i'll post some photos tomorrow

4. Default

hey guys found an easier way to do this with out taking badges off and is also reversible if you didnt like it or wanted to go back to stock chrome emblem..
    Here is the post i about the product and the pics when i did it on my car. Plasti dip
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...ls-badges.html

I Plasti Dipped my Badges on the weekend

Leave a bit of duco exposed so you can pick up the Plasti Dip and begin to peel it. It peels off around the badge as per the dipyourcar.com videos on YouTube

The rear Flying "M" was more difficult
    The edges of the badge need to be even and covered, if you put less or more on the edges it won't wrap around the badge and won't cut itself the way you want it.

Mask around the badge and leave the duco exposed. The Plasti Dip will stick to the tape and hence be easier to lift up

The first coat is a light dusting so that the badge is 50% transparent.

Layers are added in 15-20minute intervals depending on weather (air temp, wind etc). It has to look matte before the next layer. Keep the layers consistent, don't try and cover the whole thing in each layer.

Give it about an hour after the 4th coat and peel off excess tape

Carefully start to pull up the initial layers of tape and the Plasti Dip will come up. Pull up and away with the Plasti Dip and it should cut itself perfectly
    If you have a difficult time grabbing it, roll it with you finger and it should pick up

To do the inside of the Rear Flying "M", use a toothpick the create a hole the Plasti Dip and go from there

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

You need more plasitc wrapping Slixx..................

I did it back in 2009, when Plasti dip wasn't known (or common knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You need more plasitc wrapping Slixx..................

I did it back in 2009, when Plasti dip wasn't known (or common knowledge)
    I know I was recycling from doing the Calipers
    The stuff is good, but I have to work out a way to clean the badges without ripping it off

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Did you get any excess in the inside of the M at the front? If so, how did u remove it? That was my trouble... I'll be redoing mine again soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

9. Default

Has anyone used that shadow chrome on their badges

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy91 View Post
    Has anyone used that shadow chrome on their badges
    Just had a light shadow chrome done on all mine, to give it a dull chrome/brushed steel sort of look...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488482_10151903132108924_951034850_n.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	15764

I had a paint shop do it though... For a DIY solution I know Brad @Yeldarb is experimenting with nightshades at the moment, last effort i saw looked mint!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I bought Niteshades from Supercheap with plans to do my tail lights. Decided to get them sprayed instead.

So had this stuff lying about and gave it a go on the badges.

You need a few coats so you can darken in stages.

I used tape and bluetac around and inside the badges.

Comes up good. It looks like black chrome.

heaps good idea man you got any pics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12