User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next project

Default The next project

I'm deciding what I should do next for a "project"

I'm toying with the idea of a turbo territory.
    Older style SY Territory, RWD with a 42r turbo.
    Not the F6X AWD setup.

Pros:
    Family friendly with balls.
    Kids can be included in skids.
    Larger car makes it a less common choice.

Cons:
    Heavy.
    Ford.
    I already have the new model.

Later down the track it'll get stripped of interior trims, seats etc. for weight reduction.
    Once it makes serious power, then a cage to be added.

Something to rival this
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Sounds good mate, what are your goals?

I was working at Ford when the 1000hp Nizpro Terri was in practically the most highly modified XR6 Turbo engine in a Terri lol pretty cool though.

1000hp F6 ?
    1000hp Evo?
    1000hp supra?

Anything as long as its at quadruple digit hp figures

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Sounds good mate, what are your goals?

I was working at Ford when the 1000hp Nizpro Terri was in practically the most highly modified XR6 Turbo engine in a Terri lol pretty cool though.
    I don't have a goal (until I get the car)
    I just want to go fast, be different and have fun, just like my old MPS.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    1000hp F6 ?
    1000hp Evo?
    1000hp supra?

Anything as long as its at quadruple digit hp figures
    F6 (just a Falcon) Evos (just Lancers) and Supras are all pretty commonly modded.
    I'm after something modern, common, but not oftern modded.
    Something that you wouldn't really expect to have big Hp.
    Like what the BK MPS does to a lot of people.
    It looks just like a regular Mazda 3.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd go old school and ugly, a 144 Volvo, a 2JZ and go nuts, that would be different.

I'd like to think 1000Hp @ wheels would be a goal, eventually.
    Last edited by 2XS; 14-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

There is a bloke in Sweden I believe, with a Turbo BMW M5 motor powering a 240 volvo lol.

Here it is heheh

http://youtu.be/xejKQOBGTjM

Getaway in Stockholm Test: Volvo Amazon turbo - YouTube

I recon go with one of these Troy, You are a father so you need to start looking like a old man. Well until u stamp on the throttle

just turn the sound down as the guy talks right throught it..

I've been a father for 9 years now, whats wrong with that?
    My wife previously had an SS as a family car, then a decked out Patrol. We're a RevHead family. All my cars get modded.
    Even the brand new Territory has quite a few mods already, HIDs, LED lights, side steps, black tint, upgraded to 18" XR6 turbo wheels and today it got lowered.
    Last few things to get done soon will be exhaust then tune. Then upgrade to 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Getaway in Stockholm Test: Volvo Amazon turbo - YouTube

I recon go with one of these Troy, You are a father so you need to start looking like a old man. Well until u stamp on the throttle

just turn the sound down as the guy talks right throught it..

Maybe even a twin turbo V8 Territory.

Last edited by 2XS; 14-01-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

What about a cx-7 ? I have NEVER seen one of these modded.

A white one with black wheels, dumped on its guts, dark tint, etc - hmmmm might even think about doing this myself !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS190 View Post
    What about a cx-7 ? I have NEVER seen one of these modded.

A white one with black wheels, dumped on its guts, dark tint, etc - hmmmm might even think about doing this myself !!!
    The auto can't withstand the extra power, hence why the same engine in the CX7 has less power.
    There was a member on here that had a lowered, boosted, exhausted, FMIC fitted and only run 16's. Not a great starting point.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

F6X terri was only 2 seconds slower a lap around winton then the BF F6 Typhoon , being a basically a falcon underneath most of the mods are cheap > brakes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    The auto can't withstand the extra power, hence why the same engine in the CX7 has less power.
    There was a member on here that had a lowered, boosted, exhausted, FMIC fitted and only run 16's. Not a great starting point.
    wasnt there a thread somewhere here about a CX7 that was so heavily modded it did 0-100 in something like 3.7s ??

There was one from down Victoria way that had a GT conversion done, including suspension, wheels and all! I don't mind the turbo territory but they are still a bit expensive arnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    There was one from down Victoria way that had a GT conversion done, including suspension, wheels and all! I don't mind the turbo territory but they are still a bit expensive arnt they?
    As an example only. Under $10k
    This has dents and high kms, but, the mods I want to do, those things aren't necessary anyway.
    2004 FORD TERRITORY TX RWD SX Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

Strip the interior, that would get the cost of the phone call back.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Pish Posh, twin turbo a Gallardo already Troy!

I'd be starting with something lighter then a Terror. Chasing your tail on one of them, harder to lose weight than make power.

Dare I say it...has anyone done a properly quick Camry in Australia? Get an old one in white or beige, doilies and venetians included

Whatever it is, it just needs to be a car you wouldn't think could do a 12 or better, and one that most people would dismiss (i.e MPS before everyone figured it out).

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I'd be starting with something lighter then a Terror. Chasing your tail on one of them, harder to lose weight than make power.

Dare I say it...has anyone done a properly quick Camry in Australia? Get an old one in white or beige, doilies and venetians included

Whatever it is, it just needs to be a car you wouldn't think could do a 12 or better, and one that most people would dismiss (i.e MPS before everyone figured it out).
    this ^
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Narrr go grab a 4.8L Nissan Patrol. Add LPG wet injection + large Turbo(s) and end up with something along these lines:

R36 Passat wagon with a TT Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Ohhhh that would be niiice

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Would be awesome, but entry price is steep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast