User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cpe cai heatshield/watershield

Default cpe cai heatshield/watershield

hey guys just recently installed the cpe xcel cai and was worried today driving in the rain...it was pouring down like crazy and the puddles well could not avoid them and the splashes...wat i got worried about was getting the cai wet...

can u guys point me in the right direction for a box or sumfing to cover it so water is repelled from this area or would it just be better off getting the pre filter cover for it?

cheers
    chris

MPS Garage have a pre filter cover

yea tahts wat i was talking about wen i wrote the pre filter....does it work as well as an actual heatshield??

I don't think it is a heat shield
    it only looks thin I think it's more for moisture

I've got the water repellent pre-filter thingy, and though it doesn't normally rain cats and dogs here in the west, last winter some big rains and puddles forced me to lean on the side of caution when driving through them. Still had some quite large splash backs with no problems, just don't try and drive quickly through rivers and you should be Ok

Its just thin mesh called a "Pre Filter". I had water probs this week (auto car wash) when using this, so not sure of it as security.

Ive had the cpe for ages though and no problems in any form of rain or large puddles etc

ahhh reassurance is the best aint it..i got so worried that it was gonna seaze up on me or sumfing lol espesh wen other cars are stupidly travelling at speeds like 120 in a 100 zone pissing down rain and water puddles all ova the road and then sprays up and over to the passanger side im thinking noooo lolz

I have a got a splash shield for m CAI, works pretty well.
    I don't have the pre-filter tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    I have a got a splash shield for m CAI, works pretty well.
    I don't have the pre-filter tho.
    What type of splash shield ? any pics of it

Hydrolock is fairly unlikely but it is a possibility. Id just change to a SRI & save the worry in the wetter months. You can always change back to the CAI when the weather is better.....
    Last edited by AD07; 03-04-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Pre-Filters or "Outerwears" are the best thing to stop water.

I work in the jetski industry and pre-filters are a must for any ski with aftermarket filters on it and I know for a fact that they were very very well, if you want the best on the market then look at getting one from the company "Outerwear" in the USA, the first and the best IMO

I had a Repco shield fitted to mine (~$40), just to stop water getting in from behind the wheel arch vent, but it was removed due to clearance issues when a pump was installed in the inner guard location.
    I have had no issues in the past, or with the recent heavy rain in Sydney without the shield. Just if you are going through puddles keep a constant speed, the tyres will create a 'bow wave' effect pushing the water away from the danger area.
    Or try and find a big 4wd and sit in their wake and let them push all the water out of the way for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I had a Repco shield fitted to mine (~$40), just to stop water getting in from behind the wheel arch vent, but it was removed due to clearance issues when a pump was installed in the inner guard location.
    I have had no issues in the past, or with the recent heavy rain in Sydney without the shield. Just if you are going through puddles keep a constant speed, the tyres will create a 'bow wave' effect pushing the water away from the danger area.
    Or try and find a big 4wd and sit in their wake and let them push all the water out of the way for you.
    Matt what pump was installed inside your guard ???

A 150 psi shurflo pump...

It's for ???

Water / Meth injection...umm for the track, of course.

I thought so

Is it any good ?
    does it give more power and was it hard to install
    I've been thinking about the track too

Have only got as far as fitting the pump, a few other ideas for tank mounting etc are whirring through my brain, I have got the ideal placement for the nozzle though, there is a small removable plug in the bottom of the inlet manifold, which is the ideal place to spray, a manufacturer in the US sells these kits with a pre tapped replacement plug.

As far as performance the BATs usually end up lower than the IATs, which means the car will naturally allow more timing, also water/meth raises the octane of fuel by about 8 points, so if your really keen you can tune for it and pull even more timing, but you need a hardcore kit with flow monitors etc for this, if the nozzle blocks its game over.

Is it from Devils own ?

My kit is, but the plug has come from another supplier who deals with the labonte kits. I'll PM you some details as we have well and truly hijacked Stealth's CAI thread here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast