User Tag List

Thread: Sus abs = $$$$.00

1. Default Sus abs = $$$$.00

Hi all,
    My car problem has brought me to your site.
    My MPS is just out of warranty and for the pastweek the dashboard has lit up.
    I have 2 warning lights showing, ABS and DSC(the car doing fishtails down the road - light).
    I have been told the problem may be in the ABSpump module. Many people overseas have this problem which may be a recurringfault?
    Has anybody had a similar fault?
    One guy overseas fixed the problem by puttingtape over the warning dash lights. Can’t see the lights = no problem…..
    (Using this thought I might take a picture of afull fuel tank gauge, stick it over the dashboard and never run out of fuel?)
    If the problem with the ABS pump is as widespread overseas as what I am seeing, is it also happening here?

60,000 km on the clock, only been driven to church on sundays.......
    Best car that ever rolled off the showroom floor......

have you pulled the negative battery terminal hit the brake a few time and reconnect after 15 minutes ?

check/replace fuses.
    unplug and plug in a few time the abs plug near the wheels.

Might not fix it, but its cheap to try. Worth a shot, nothing to lose

4. Default

Thanks heaps for your suggestions Jrbris andbd581. Ill give them a shot and see if we have any joy.
    I also tried the DSC re calibration procedure.
    Turn the ignition switch on and slowly turn thesteering wheel from lock to lock.
    No luck unfortunately, but it was worth a go.

How far out of warranty are you? , some dealerships have been known to put warranty claims through for a short period after the warranty has expired, although it is totally up to the discretion of the dealership.

6. Default

When my car was relatively new, my Traction control/DSC warning lights kept on staying on. I had a faulty wheel angle sensor which was replaced then warning lights disappeared.

Have you taken into the dealer to be inspected, is that who told you it may be the ABS pump ?

7. Default

I have been to the local ‘non dealer’ mechanicand he suggested the ABS pump may be at fault.
    For now, its off to the dealer soon for a furtherlook. The Mazda diagnostic system may extract further information from the vehicle?There may be a service bulletin for the problem?
    Its 4 months out of warranty and I am theoriginal owner (which may make a difference).
    In the meantime there are simple things I caninvestigate like disconnect the battery and unplug and plug in the wheelsensors.
    Ill let you know how it all goes. I would hope that my problem is isolated to just me and my ride.