User Tag List

Thread: dash

Default dash

hey

anybody changed the dash lights in their mps6?

It's a big job to change the back lighting of the instrument cluster. The illumination comes from LED's that are fused on the circuit board. You'd have to solder new LED diodes (replacing the existing red LED diodes on the circuit board) Not sure how many, but there's quite a few. Haven't seen the illumination for all the other stuff in the center

A few years back there was a thread on this in the ozmazdaclub forums. Not to sure if it's still there but there were quite a few links in the thread to people who had done it.

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    A few years back there was a thread on this in the ozmazdaclub forums. Not to sure if it's still there but there were quite a few links in the thread to people who had done it.
    I saw that thread, not sure if its still around. Might have been lost over the years. From memory it was pretty detailed

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Nope. Among the best lighting around. Red preserves your night sight better than all other colours. I hate the trend to bright white and blue, the latter being particularly bad. I've been testing a few other cars of late and the MPS6 lighting is better than current Mercedes, Volvo or BMW which all combine weird blues with very busy graduations on the instruments. Ford do it too. The best mod you can do is a set of dimmers to selectively dim or turn off all lighting that isn't essential on long night drives. The darker it is inside the better. That is why these huge Nav or Multifunction screens high up on the panel right in front of your eyes are a real killer for night driving. I turn them off or dim them as much as possible.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I'm fairly sure I remember seeing KRNAGE's lights being different I know the stereo lighting was changed to blue
    Maybe send him a pm ?

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

yea i might look into it more... for some reason im just not into red for dash lights..

i also heard about colour changing needles if anyone has come across that too