User Tag List

Thread: Surging Issue?

Default Surging Issue?

Hi Everyone,Well went for a drive today and found an interesting issue with the car. Basically I was cruising at around 80km/hr, in 5th and with WOT I started to experience what I can only explain as surging??? Thankfully, I have the Torque app on my Android so I was able to log the issue and attached below.I'm not very literate when it comes to these sort of things so some guidance could be great, and my warranty on the MPS runs out in March so if there is an issue that needs attending too - then I need to do it asap. Lastly, only performance mods on the car is Cobb SRI SF Intake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10154  
    Last edited by dru; 03-01-2012 at 04:24 PM.

All that shows is the boost has been pulled by the ECU, from what it looks like. Why, could be heaps of reasons. Today being hot, maybe it started to knock and it's doing what it needs to protect it self.
    You really need many other things in that log to determan why. Sorry.
    I personally would never go WOT at 80km in 5th, that's gotta be low revs. If I wanted to go flat at 80km I'd prob drop it back to 3rd.

Agreed, WOT at 80km/h in 5th is a good way to bend your rods

Thanks guys, well I have to admit - it's not 80km/hr and foot to the floor. I slowly opened her up until I was WOT at which I was travelling around 120km/hr.

I will keep that in mind though, definitely don't want bent rods!

So what other logs should I be throwing in to help diagnose my issue?

If it was "Jerking" or "Hesitating" as it accelerated, you are definitely seeing knock retardation.... I don't suggest doing it too often, especially if it's on a stock tune.

It wasn't a jerking, but more a hesitation. It was like it was pulling then hesitate, pull more, hestitate and etc.

It's a shot in the dark, but I got the same problem once.
    Turned out the air straightener had popped out of my CS SRI into the filter and was playing havoc with MAF readings when I put my foot down. Worth a check...

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Might be worth checking the wiring loom next to the intake. I had something similar happen to me and it was the wires for my maf sensor, the intake kept rubbing onto it and tore it apart

Thanks for that. I will give it a check over and see whether I can spot anything!