User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Servicing.

Tunehouse has been using Castrol Edge 10W-40 as well. The winter temperature viscosity figures aren't all that important for Australian conditions, 0W, 5W or 10W are all useable. 30 or 40 is a slightly more difficult question, manufacturer spec + abuse at the track makes me think think 40 series (slightly thicker) is definitely the way to go.
    Last edited by Reedy; 06-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I use this. Comes in 6L bottles too which is handy.

Full Synthetic 10W-40 Hi-Tech Fast Flowing Engine Oil- Nulon Australia

Picked up a couple of bottles of Castrol Edge 5W-40 at Supercheap today. Spewing that they didn't have any 1L bottles so I got 2 5L ones. That's all good tho, just keep it for my next off the book oil change.

4. Default

yeh mine use Mobil supersynthS 10w-40

I got 5W40 Penrite Semi-Synthetic. Had 5L given too me, and supercheap had 1L bottles. Perfect.
    Normally get 2 5L bottles of valvoline dura-blend.
    Did the change to the new stuff today. Feels absolutely no different. Not that i expected it to.

Is there a torque setting for the sump plug? If I can be bothered i'll change my oil this weekend. Might as well add the sump plug to my growing list of torque settings for various components.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Found it. 30-41Nm.

Topic: "Self Servicing"

Am I the only one that has gotten a laugh out of all this talk of lubrication types and frequency when doing a "self service"?

Brett ( via Tapatalk )

Quote Originally Posted by FreestyleCab View Post
    Topic: "Self Servicing"

Am I the only one that has gotten a laugh out of all this talk of lubrication types and frequency when doing a "self service"?

Brett ( via Tapatalk )
    Yes, because we are a very mature group of people who do not degrade ourselves to that level of humor.

Nah, who am I trying to kid?

Innuendo is what we do best. just wait until you either become VIP member or get enough posts to access chatbox. Better known as smutbox

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Yes, because we are a very mature group of people who do not degrade ourselves to that level of humor.

Nah, who am I trying to kid?

Innuendo is what we do best. just wait until you either become VIP member or get enough posts to access chatbox. Better known as smutbox
    this^
    also, we're fully aware that reedy knows how to self service himself
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Damn straight.

Did an oil and filter change across the weekend, can anyone say anything about the potential harm from overfilling the MPS with oil? I've got it filled up to the max mark on the dipstick now but I know a lot of guys who race their cars intentionally overfill theirs to prevent oil surges causing the engine to run dry. Not sure if this is an option with the MPS or not.

Anyone care to comment?

Any reason why your car is being serivced so much? 10,000km is enough.

I use Penrite HPR 5 (5W40). It's a full synthetic, so really no need to change the oil early.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 06-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.

It's new, it's turbocharged and I track it regularly. I am getting it serviced every 6 months and am doing an oil change every 3, slightly pedantic but it does get driven hard.

It's new ain't a reason, it's turbocharged isn't either. But tracking it is. Do you hit the track monthly or something? IF you are happy to spend the little extra every service for your own peice of mind. Then good. But it probably not really required. Ever got an oil analysis done? Worth it if pedantic about your oil.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 06-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.

whats involved in a major service ?

Whatever the logbook servicing dictates plus extras that I like to do more often like de-carbing the intake.

as in clean injectors or more than that ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12