User Tag List

Thread: [MPS 6] New owner, thought I'd say hello.

Red face [MPS 6] New owner, thought I'd say hello.

Afternoon all,

Been lurking here for a while, and have just picked up my (new to me) MPS 6

I just thought I'd make a hello thread and show off my car. The paint's seen better days, but that's on the list of things to fix. It's an absolute rocket, first 'proper' car I've even owned and I'm happy as a pig in the proverbial with it. Excuse the iPhone photo.

[/

The shopping list so far is:

-New plates (Horrid standard NSW yellow jobbies be DAMNED)
    -xcarlink or similar iPod interface (Any suggestions?)
    -Needs a cut and polish, it's a little grimy right now
    -New gear knob! The MPS standard Mazda one was stolen whilst at the car yard Mazda want >$320 for a new one.. so I'm investigating options. blackbetty helped me out here! It's much nicer now

This place looks awesome, heaps of info and gear - the members don't seem too bad either
    Last edited by ashdown; 06-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Hi and Welcome

3. Default

Hi and Welcome congrats on getting yourself an MPS6, did you look at many before picking that one up ?

I have a charmaker ipod adaptor in my 6 connected to the back of stereo and sits i the glove box, gives you track and volume control through the stereo but you dont get artist/album info etc.

I have an MPS gear knob that we brought of another member for the rx8 but never used and willing to sell it to you for $50 + postage. Its in fantastic condition.

And yeh the yellow NSW plates are hideous
    Cheers
    Mel
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Hello and welcome ! Lot's of useful information here and the members are quite friendly.

Where abouts in NSW are you located ?

I still haven't got over that 'rocket' feeling

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Hi and Welcome congrats on getting yourself an MPS6, did you look at many before picking that one up ?

I have a charmaker ipod adaptor in my 6 connected to the back of stereo and sits i the glove box, gives you track and volume control through the stereo but you dont get artist/album info etc.

I have an MPS gear knob that we brought of another member for the rx8 but never used and willing to sell it to you for $50 + postage. Its in fantastic condition.

And yeh the yellow NSW plates are hideous
    Cheers
    Mel
    I did have a look at a few- had my eyes out for a car that was well specced and easily in the eye. This one came up literally two blocks away from my house, exactly when I wanted to buy... So it was a bit of a no-brainer. I just didn't expect the urge and balance this thing has through twisty bits

*strokes imaginary beard* it doesn't look like any of the iPod connectors give any HUD info, so that's not too much of a worry. What I wanna make sure of is that it works with the Bose system I got.

Also- I'm keen as a jelly bean to take you up on that gear knob. The aftermarket piece of crap is a blight on the interior. As well as having a strategically placed super heat-conductor strip of metal on the top that likes to fry my hands in summer :P but really nice of you to off that, thank you!

Naasif: I'm out penrith way

6. Default

sent you a PM re : gearknob

welcome aboard !

nice looking MPS 6 !

Welcome! I think my missus has already sent me a pic of your car! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Welcome! I think my missus has already sent me a pic of your car! lol
    Hah!

Where would she get a photo of it? And why? It's just a standard Empie

She sends me pics of all the mps's in penrith she sees! lol
    Good girl lol

Haha. Well there you go, made your stalk file :]

Good girl lol
    I love that girl <3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Good girl lol
    Haha very good girl. Mine sends me photos of the car when she gets awesome parking spots lol. Looking good btw!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno