User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DashHawk Discussion Thread

Default DashHawk Discussion Thread

With the recent Group Buy organised by EQ for the MSD DashHawk's, i thought i'd start a new thread for anything DashHawk related..

I previously had a ScanGaugeII, and the DashHawk is better in every way! Has taken a bit of getting used to, simply because of the amount of different parameters that are available. I have been mucking around a bit with the data-logging feature and it is great! Best 0-100 km/h time so far is 5.42 sec with a fair bit of wheelspin which i thought was alright too!

Here's a screenshot of one of the logs i did in 4th and 5th on my private runway

It's amazing how much the ECU changes the actual throttle position, even though the pedal is mashed to the floor..

Cheers.

Karl.

hey kblume what OS you running your dashhawk software on... im using vista and it doesnt wanna work for me...wen i install the software and stuff (the version from the website) windows security comes up saying it cant recognise the certificate or signature or wateva it is. then asks if i want to cancel or continue with install. i click continue but wen i connect the actual unit to the comp it installs the drivers but doesnt seem to conect wen i open the software or anything. annoying. any probs you had installing if you are using vista?

I am using Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit with no problems at all.. Have been using my EeePC for data-logging in the car as well which is running XP Pro SP3 also with no probs. I followed MattMPS3's instructions for updating to latest beta version (see below):

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    For those of you with Dashawks, or thinking of purchasing, here is a link to the last "reliable" version of the current firmware on these devices,

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/files/v25Beta9setup.zip

You should be aware that this was a beta test version, which was made publicly available via the Dashhawk forums, I have been using this software on mine for many months now without any issues.
    It has also been considered to be the most accurate version of the firmware with the added Mazda specific vaules.

Simply download the link (~50Mb), and follow the instructions below,

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download v25Beta9setup.exe

2. Uninstall the previous DashHawk application using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. (Only delete the actual Dashhawk app, the driver is still required)

3. Run the V25Beta9setup.exe to install the new Beta 9 application.

4. Launch the DashHawk application after install completes

5. Choose UPGRADE and then choose the file v25Beta9.enc

6. Wait until the DashHawk is successfully flashed

7. Unplug and HAPPY TESTING!

I have also made some MPS logos for the splash screen, both the same logo but one is inverted, the one you download will appear the opposite on the unit, to how it is displayed on your computer monitor, i.e the inverted logo will appear normal (black logo on coloured screen) and vice versa.

Feel free to post or PM me with any questions,

Matt.

how many drivers did urs install onto your comp?? mine is only installing 2..is that correct?

Yeah just 2 drivers from memory...

hmmm doesnt seem to want to connect on my comp

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    hmmm doesnt seem to want to connect on my comp
    Had exactly the same prob installing as you and I am using XP. Kept trying many times, also switched off my antivirus then when installed ( just for the drivers) I did not even run it, just uninstalled it per Matt's info and installed new version.
    -----------------------------------------
    Cheers Kypros . . . . D.O.T.B. USN

wow ok now thats wierd. coz wen i connect it to my parents computer it works fine and they are using XP but since its "THEIR" computer im not allowed to muck around on it lol

If its vista 64 bit, the drivers are not signed so it wont work (unless you can sign the drivers some way - hacky hacky)
    In 32 bit vista, browse to the installation directory, right click the mainapplication.exe file and click on 'compatability' tab (from memory), check the box that says run this as administrator.
    See screen shot below

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicMPS View Post
    Had exactly the same prob installing as you and I am using XP. Kept trying many times, also switched off my antivirus then when installed ( just for the drivers) I did not even run it, just uninstalled it per Matt's info and installed new version.
    Try uninstalling, then checking the device manager for 'dash hawk usb bridge' if that is there right click it and uninstall (make sure DH is NOT connected when uninstalling etc), reboot, install software THEN plug DH in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dashhawk.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	475  
    Last edited by Jmac; 02-04-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

well well well, I finally got mine
    Aus Post tried to deliver it the wrong address
    I had to go to the post office and line up like a peasant
    but at least I have it

Have mine too, was sitting on my desk at work waiting for me patiently to get back, resisting the urge to install now and go for a drive, maybe I need to go and visit a client

i downloaded the drivers etc from the DashHawk Vehicle Information Display website - had no worries at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    In 32 bit vista, browse to the installation directory, right click the mainapplication.exe file and click on 'compatability' tab (from memory), check the box that says run this as administrator.[COLOR="Silver"]
    See screen shot below.

cheers mate..worked perfectly he way u described it
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    cheers mate..worked perfectly he way u described it
    NP, enjoy

YAY so...we...all...have...our...new..toys....!

KBLUME - the fuel pressure log is at work, i've been at home for 3 days with the plague (or something that feels like it).

Will be in tomorrow and have a look at the logs

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Have mine too, was sitting on my desk at work waiting for me patiently to get back, resisting the urge to install now and go for a drive, maybe I need to go and visit a client
    Another Recruitment Consultant dirving an MPS?????

, I look after retail pharmacy, do a bit of retail consulting and financial work Am playing with my new toy and thoroughly enjoying it - Thanks Jim, this is soooo much fun

Yeah, Vista sux, have to run as admin, XP is all good to go once all drivers are installed.

18. Default

If you need any good DH datalogging profiles, these are the ones im using.

DASHHAWK Datalogging PID Profiles: - Mazdaspeed Forums

Hey all.

If you follow the link below to Cobb tuning - you will find a download which will provide you with all the dials/readings you will need in a pre-sorted format, I even think they have put the drag coefficianet and weight of the vehicle in (for HP runs). You'll need to register, but once you get the files down you will be up and running in like 2 minutes

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41676

I have been running "fuel batch 2" and it shows you:

Fuel Batch 2:
    RPM
    Boost/Vacuum
    ActAFR
    FuelPressDI
    Knock

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Jim
    Last edited by EQ; 05-04-2009 at 07:13 PM.

^^ lol, nice copy & paste

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast