User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DashHawk Discussion Thread

It may help to fill out your user profile with your ride (see top right of my post), this will help other members direct more specific information to you

2. Default

Any mps6 owners got pics of where they mounted their DashHawks?

Quote Originally Posted by TBDM View Post
    Any mps6 owners got pics of where they mounted their DashHawks?
    Some info here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...ashhawk-2.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

No photos but mines temporarily mounted with double-sided tape right on top of the instrument panel above the speedo/rpm counter. If you mount it right on the lip it's high enough not to cause a distracting reflection on the screen at night. Mount it too far forward and you get the reflection. I'll move it to the extreme right near the air vent soon after I've sorted some other stuff. Otherwise, I'd mount it on top of the steering column centred between the instruments, except my boost guage is already there. The DH lead is pretty short which limits options a bit.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 20-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

5. Default whaat scanner to buy?

Guys
    I have a 2004 mazda 6. Could you please reccomend a obd scanner that i could buy. My "check engine light" is on

Advice /help please. Currently running XP os Ver 3 and have had no issues with Dashawk and works fine for my needs.

Have to upgrade computer system due to faults , looking at Win 7 32 bit so as to keep all original softwares,my question is does any one know if Dashawk software will work with 64 bit windows7. Thanks in advance as im not really a tech head.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Advice /help please. Currently running XP os Ver 3 and have had no issues with Dashawk and works fine for my needs.

Have to upgrade computer system due to faults , looking at Win 7 32 bit so as to keep all original softwares,my question is does any one know if Dashawk software will work with 64 bit windows7. Thanks in advance as im not really a tech head.
    I would say it should be fine... but can't be 100% certain unless I tried it myself... don't have a dh to test it though

Edit: if it runs in 32 bit windows7 it'll run in 64 bit windows7, so if you have a friend with windows7 borrow their computer... I would think it'll work fine...

Also, check out this thread: could be useful http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9623
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

For those with a DH, I recommend logging on to the Dashhawk site as a member too.

32 bit will work 64 won't because the drivers are unsigned, I've tested
    You could do a few reg hacks and manually self sign drivers but it won't work natively. That's with any windows OS.
    100% that 32 bit win7 WILL work.
    X64 if you feel like hacky hacky. I've tested both

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    You could do a few reg hacks and manually self sign drivers but it won't work natively.
    Are there any "How To's" on the reg hacks because its really annoying to boot up my old computer to view data logs?

Google windows 7 x64 unsigned drivers and you should turn up something. I can look into it but am strapped for time over the next few weeks with training and exams for work

It's not just a reg hack you will need some mechanism to still sign the drivers. X64 requires them to be 'approved, by ms before use thus the imcompatabilities. This prob would have been fixed if dev on the dashhawk had not stopped.

The things u can do on iPhones... You can try this http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127187.html

But take backups and all that jazz first. I have not tried this way.

You could do a few reg hacks and manually self sign drivers but it won't work natively. That's with any windows OS.
    100% that 32 bit win7 WILL work.
    X64 if you feel like hacky hacky. I've tested both
    Thanks heaps ,I will only purchase 32 bit Win 7 ,from what i understand a lot of older software is incompatible with 64 bit. Dont have the skills for hacky hacky.

All the good stuff will be compatiable, ive only found very few things that are not.. The problem is in 64bit Microsoft has to 'approve' any drivers that need to be installed, if they are not signed by MS then no worky. The only problem is if you are going to have more than 4GB of RAM you will NEED 64bit version to address all of that memory (For a client OS anyway - XP,Vista,Win7) which kind of limits your choices.

Personally I run a version of VMWare Workstation on my laptop and have a 32bit version of XP running as a Virtual Machine on top of my 64bit Win7 Host OS..
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

All the good stuff will be compatiable, ive only found very few things that are not.. The problem is in 64bit Microsoft has to 'approve' any drivers that need to be installed, if they are not signed by MS then no worky. The only problem is if you are going to have more than 4GB of RAM you will NEED 64bit version to address all of that memory (For a client OS anyway - XP,Vista,Win7) which kind of limits your choices.

Personally I run a version of VMWare Workstation on my laptop and have a 32bit version of XP running as a Virtual Machine on top of my 64bit Win7 Host OS..
    At a pinch i may opt for a dual boot system ,both XP and 64 bit WIN 7 ,with the price of drives today its all good.Thanks for advice JMAC.

That would work, you can dual boot with a single drive too

DH WANTED FOR XMAS - Hi all, I'm considering getting my son a Dashhawk for Christmas. Anyone know if I can get one locally in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    DH WANTED FOR XMAS - Hi all, I'm considering getting my son a Dashhawk for Christmas. Anyone know if I can get one locally in time?

http://www.oztion.com.au/vshops/item...d=5190651&tid=

Found one here. Only has 11 hours remaining. It mentions it's for a "Monaro etc". Don't Dashhawks work on most cars? Hope that helps.
    Brad.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

That looks like a copy of the DH, unless thats the first version.

The one I know and own looks like this

NIRVANDAN, That looks like a nice mount for it - I wonder if there is a RHD version?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast