User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DashHawk Discussion Thread

Are those graphs telling me your getting 0-100 times constantly below 6.0 seconds? (Bottom RH corner)

Does anyone care to try and explain the graphs above?

The graphs show - Velocity, engine RPM and elapsed time. The time figure is indeed the time it takes the Dashhawk (DH) to register the speed from 0-100kph from the on board computer, if the unit is set-up correctly, I found the best way was to use the calibration tool with the dashhawk to set the tyre sizes weight etc, then check the DH speed rating against a GPS and recalibrate accordingly, best time I got was 5.7secs or something not sure how accurate it is though

It's probably the best way to analyse your gear changes and launch technique rather than give a true 0-100 time, use it to improve each run you do!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I am having problem to display the speed unit in kmh. I hate to read 0-60mph.. I tried change the unit from English to Metric but it doesn't help. Can someone shed some light? Thanks you.

How long for a reasonably competent person to install the unit itself?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    I am having problem to display the speed unit in kmh. I hate to read 0-60mph.. I tried change the unit from English to Metric but it doesn't help. Can someone shed some light? Thanks you.
    Hey mate, the English/Metric selection is in the software - Utilities>Preferences>Display Units then select Metric not English (imperial)

Then you should be able to set 0-100kph in the time to distance menu on the DH

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    How long for a reasonably competent person to install the unit itself?
    Doug this plugs into the vehicles On Board Diagnostic port (OBDII) located under the steering column, then find a suitable place to mount your velcro and you're installed and ready to go
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

shakespeare, Thx for you reply. But I have already tried set it to Metric but time to distance menu still shows 0-60mph.

Do you mean I need to set it in the Dashhawk unit rather than the software when doing recording? But I thought the data loggin is irrelevant to the displayed unit.

Hmmm that's interesting, what version is your Dashhawk firmware? There was an update for the firmware that MattMPS3 posted

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...logos-mps.html

If not may need to see what you can get from the Dashhawk site

Def try the firmware, fixed any issues I was having
    Plus there are extra sensors in that version (for MPS) that are not in the version on the DH site.

Thx Chris

I believe I am running the latest one from the DH website which v2.51 release on Nov-2008. The one mentioned in this forum is v25Beta9 so should be the older version?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMPS View Post
    I believe I am running the latest one from the DH website which v2.51 release on Nov-2008. The one mentioned in this forum is v25Beta9 so should be the older version?
    as above, i would like to know also if i should be running the firmware found on DH site or the beta firmware hosted on here

I realise in order to show 0-100kmh in the software, I have to log it in 0-100kmh in DH... silly me..

It was claimed at the time of releasing 2.5b9 that this was the most accurate set of PIDs (data) for the MPS's, subsequent releases had a broader scope of vehicles & vehicle specific data, but supposedly compromised the accuracy of the Mazda specific info.

There was a lot of data on the DH forums specific to the accuarcy of the respective beta versions, and one of its developers (Ken) was released from the company while working on the final version of 2.5, which was then believed by many to be rushed out the door incomplete and inaccurate.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Picked one up today (another one that Wardski had purchased!). Thanks for the info here guys, heaps of info to get started with.

Will have to find a private test track to do some full throttle 0-100 runs and check the logs later.

Angry

I would have to have the hassel. with it wouldn't I!!! As i am running a 64 bit windows 7 system which wouldn't run dashawk in compatibility mod. Work around was XPmod in virtual drive. busy week with pc and a rebuild, drive sector bad in raid array, with the 9800GX2 dying. re-installed windows on new drive and a ATI radeon grahics Card. Back to the Dashawk.............
    Now For a plug and play unit IT's not working for me only get CAN and. Tried this with mod 2 hold up arrow and differend flashed versions. But i guess that i got ECU version, THATS DIFFERENT!
    Do i possible have a faulty unit.? Got this from RPM. I could be missing something very obvious. Anyone with these units able to give me a idea of WHAT"S GOING ON.
    THanks.
    Last edited by IN4M3; 10-05-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Firstly can you please be a little more specific as to how its not working, Im a little lost by you mentioning you only get CAN ?? are you getting anything on the screen with the factory firmware, mine came from RPM store and worked out of the box, literally plug and play, there were some earlier updates to better support the Aus ECU's but that was a while ago.

The 2.5b9 software is the most reliable ( as per my earlier post) this should give you trouble free operation, once you sort out your PC woes I would install this over your current version.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Some users have had success using windows XP mode Download Windows XP Mode
    If not I know VMWare Workstation supports USB pass through to the guest OS.

After doing some research on the US forums, it seems that some of the differences in the ECU's between gen1 and gen2 are causing issues with the Dash hawks, users report not having access to the gen 1 Mazda specific PIDs as well as other reduced functionality.

recently purchased from USA, has some limitations ,but most are there in firmware, when setting up ,i dialed into specific mazda PIDs for air,fuel,spark. Yes Gen 2 ECU is slightly varied.

I got the Gen 2 DH, not gen II mazda. mps6 . and thanks for the quick reply there ppl.
    Checking the sites for more information on what this issues is and i brought this unit from RPM and flashed up to the firmware Matt mentioned 2.5beta9 in the link . Reflashed with 2.5.1 with the same issue. I don't know but with the reflash for the third time with 2.5.1 , i now have the obdII scann connected with read outs and usability. Now that wasn't the case and i will reflash to the 2.5b9 and see how that goes could be the lead or a bad flash to begin with. considering, I think matt that Mode II is hold the down button when turning on dashawk. to check obd port, this was about dashawk display about VIN and CAN. also key and car running with different flashes but the CAN wasn't communicating with the dashawk.( CAN is one of five protocols used in the OBD-II vehicle diagnostics standard) wiki. this could be compatibility you mentioned theree matt with the gen 1 and II ( gen1 or II models of the dashhawk i thought you where referring to not mazda generation. ) or lead, Flash or other. But running now Old head what are the specific mazda PIDs (6 or 3 ) for reference. Thanks again. will post here again when i get the flashed to latest version. The older i get the less i actually know
    Update. Flashed 2.5beta9 but the same thing goes on with it. won't connect. but will do with 2.5.1 after reflashing so i don't know whats going on with that flash version . strange ?
    MPS 6 is my model. sometimes i forget about that and read through sections of mps3 stuff.
    Last edited by IN4M3; 10-05-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast