User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 First mod

1. Default MPS 6 First mod

So I have opwned my MPS 6 for about 4 months now and I'm really enjoying the car but as I do with every care i end up owning I get itchy feet abit.

I would like to get rims for the vehicle but the car has brand new tyres on it so I'm going to wait until I have burnt through them before I get the rims.

So looking for suggestions for the best first mod... Can be anything.. Interior or exterior.. Engine.. Anything

Looking for something with a max cost of about 2k

Suggestions anyone?

hypertech (~450 delivered) or wait till the Cobb Access Port (~600) is finished testing (~3-4 months, hopefully...) both of these will give you more power for a simple plug and play device

an intake is the other option (most are sub $400) give turbo spool noise + you hear the by pass valve opening

You can fit your brand new tyres on new rims? or wait for the Cobb Access Port and get an intake and down pipe

4. Default

Was thinking the exhaust might be a good place to start..
    I like the look of it.. but those pea sized exhausts inside are aweful.. was wondering if it would be worth getting a full high flow mandrel bent system installed.. still would like to have a stock look. although the sound would be different im sure...
    Any thoughts?

Oh and with the rims.. just is efficient $$ wise... might as well wait till the tyres and are on the way out.. buying rims without tyres and rims with tyres in a package.. doesnt seem like a massive markup in price

Intake, turbo inlet pipe, cat back or down pipe (or both), all three will equal around the 2k mark, or mix it up with intake and tip or exhaust and some coilovers or spring/shock combo if you prefer, front mount if you wanna add to the mix.
    a combo of any of these things will give a performance enhancement, most are power related but the feeling of some good suspension is a wonderful thing, who doesn't like going around corners quicker and more stable

Hey buddy, check out my thread if you like (click the yellow RR on my sig below) for a few ideas for mods including exhaust with pics if you like

downpipe 100%

Hypertech is a nice affordable tune to get you going... Then an intake with turbo inlet pipe - corksport?