User Tag List

Thread: Just started my search for a Dp for my 6

Default Just started my search for a Dp for my 6

ATP 3" Catless V-Band Downpipe Mazdaspeed 6 | eBay

Can anyone advise whether this will do the job? Would I be able to bolt on a high flow cat??

cheers for help

Yeh it will do the job, I believe there's a few guys on the U.S. forums running the ATP DP who are happy with them.

It's a v-band flange but it comes with an adaptor for our stock turbo flange to connect to the v-band side.
    Hope that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Oh and if you want help doing the install I'm happy to lend a hand, the dump pipe seems relatively easy to do now I've done a full turbo removal on my MPS6

It will work CEL free with no cat on any 3 Gen 1 or 6 MPS.
    A cat can be bolted (most likely welded) into the system at any point after the flex joint.

Oh and no, don't think you could bolt on a high flow cat (and keep the factory exhaust from the DP back the way it is now)
    Last edited by tomo89aus; 24-12-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by tomo89aus View Post
    Oh and no, don't think you could bolt on a high flow cat (and keep the factory exhaust from the DP back the way it is now)
    This will bolt directly to the factory cat back exhaust. It'll remove both standard cats.
    An aftermarket cat would need to be welded into the DP. If he wants it bolted in, it would need some modifictation to the DP. (Eg. From where the join is in the picture of the DP.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Earlier this year I shipped one of these over from Florida :-)
    The tuning workshop who installed it said the quality of the SS and welds were high quality! He mentioned the turbo gasket they sent was a POS and reused the stock one as it was in good condition plus Mazda wanted 200 for a new one!

I had a 100 cell cat bolted to the end of the DP then welded in to the straight pipe. This set up has worked very well CEL wise, happened once, got it cleared and hasn't done it since!

Very happy with the extra 25kws, sounds beautiful with the modified Y split and straight through boxes too

I paid about 150 for it and 200 delivery if I can remember! So glad I took the leap and tried one of these out.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-34.824416,138.709834