User Tag List

Thread: Varex Remote Controlled Exhaust

Default Varex Remote Controlled Exhaust

Anyone seen/heard one of these?

would be good for me as i need a quieter car for work but would love a bit of noise on the weekend.

any other suggestions?

XForce. Performance Mufflers, Exhaust Systems & Accessories. About the Varex™ remote controlled Sports muffler.

Yep, have seen these before. Good idea but I don't think they're particularly cheap though

I'm not sure if they are legal either. I'd look into that too.

And moving parts in the exhaust can't be good for long???

my friend has one on his wrx, it works pretty good in my opinion. seems to have lasted a year so far without a problem.

that said, i have a cpe dp and hks cbe and its very loud on WOT but when your cruising its fine - no drone etc. didn't find the varex necessary

Selling the MPS and buying a Prius would be a better solution...

Can't see how the stock MPS exhaust system is by any means loud....

Thanks Guys,

am a bit worried about adding extra moving parts to something that should be simple and something open to the elements, plus cost will come into it of course,

raymondato - thanks for that good to hear, will have to look into both options more.

2000mnless - Prius hell no - plus i wasn't meaning to imply that i had a problem with the stock exhaust just with modded ones being a little client unfriendly.

my MPS has a 3 inch turbo back system no resonator only 200 cel cat and the muffler and it's not that loud, it's deep and has a good note. only louder on cold start.

This is the exhaust I bought second hand. No issues with reliability. I'm guessing they have put something in place to prevent corrosion etc.
    Custom 3" TBE on 6 MPS - YouTube

Quiet is quieter than stock but sounds like a vacuum cleaner when pushed and loses you a fair chunk of power. Loud sounds pretty damn good, but listen to the video for an idea.