User Tag List

Thread: Hey everyone

Default Hey everyone

Hi, my names Mick. Just about to pick up my used 06 mps3 in a couple of days. I was referred here by another member of the forums I work with who has picked himself up a new mps3. Anyhow, looking forward to being part of the board, even if I may lurk more than anything else.

Welcome Mick. Lurk away, seems to be a popular past time here

Who was the other lucky duck with the new MPS?

Hi and Welcome Mick

Welcome to the forum Mick! Enjoy your car when you pick it up!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have a few questions.......What is better SRI or cold air intake? What sort of $$$ for either? and BOV...turbosmart, are they OK or suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Welcome Mick. Lurk away, seems to be a popular past time here

Who was the other lucky duck with the new MPS?
    Im not too sure of his username Yeldarb. We only mentioned the forum briefly, and didnt get around to telling me his username. He picked up a nice red ex demo I think. Very nice looking car and already into the mods!

Cheers

Hey Mick check out this thread regards to your question SRI vs CAI long story short, much of a muchness really. Depends on what you want as there are pros and cons for each.

Refer my comments in said thread as well as other and you might find them helpful. For a BOV, I used to have a turbosmart dual port. It was ok until it made noises as if something was loose when in taking air. I've since removed it and have the stock BOV and car runs much better. A few folks have had other BOV's such as GFB, Forge etc.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome

welcome mick to ozmps..

Welcome Mick...great information here for your enquiries. Search is your good friend here

Ive got a turbosmart dual port and it works a treat, just need to get the tentions right to elimate the backfire.