User Tag List

Thread: Confusing Boost Spike?

Default Confusing Boost Spike?

So the story goes, since i have been running my scanguage i have been keeping an eye on the boost the 6 is running. Typically the highest i would ever see it push out to, any conditions is around 17psi....

Now as of 2 days ago, the thing makes boost almost straight away and will spike to 27psi at WOT...

Now my 6 runs absolutely NO modifications, it is as stock as it came off the show room floor...there is no other indicator of anything being different, car doesnt run hotter, sound any different, hell it doesnt even feel any different to drive.

The other thing i have also noticed it that when i back off the throttle obviously it makes vaccum and the boost gauge will drop to -8psi or so, now it refuses to drop below -2.0psi and when sitting at the traffic lights the bloody thing will read 0.5psi...

So can anyone tell me what the feck is going on and is my car on a path to an early grave?...

Thanks in advance

Jarryd

Check the hose off your inlet pipe to your boost control solenoid first to see if it's on OK, then a general health check of the hoses connected to your inlet pipe and intake system for tightness/seal etc

It may be the gauge.
    It seems 10psi above the original.
    Try resetting the gauge.